Skip to content
Birth Story- Zara Ann
rooni134 posted:
Hi Ladies,

Finally got a moment so i wanted to post the story. I was supposed to be induced on Monday, but I went into labor Friday night. Contractions were about 6-7 min apart but I wasnt making much progress with dilation. I was only 1cm but softened. They admitted me to monitor my progress but decided to give me pitocin to help me along Saturday morning. Those hrs were rough. Contractions were getting more painful but still no progress. I asked for an epidural when i finally started making some slow progress. Towards the end the baby was not tolerating labor well and she wasnt going into my pelvis. Doctor decided i needed a csection, so Saturday at 3:24pm she was delivered via csection. She weighed 7lb1oz at birth and is 20.5inches. I really wanted to avoid a csection but if thats what needed to happen in order for her to be ok, then that was fine
Recovery has been extremely rough. I am breastfeeding so it makes its that much harder to do anything, but my daughter is absolutely worth it. she is beautiful and healthy and i am soooo blessed.
I hope everyone else is doing well. I will keep visiting but just wanted to update everyone.
rooni

booklvr04 responded:
Congrats Rooni!

And welcome Baby Zara (love her name)! I'm sorry you ended up with a c-sections but I'm sure those memories will soon fade and will be filled with memories of your sweet baby girl! Enjoy!
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

livelaughmoe responded:
Congrats rooni!
Unexplained infertility
TTC for 3 years
IUI 5 BFP M/C 8-9weeks

nicram8683 responded:
Yay Rooni Congrats!! Sorry about the section,but like you said, it was probably what baby needed. I love the name choice as well! Enjoy your new addition to your family!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Congratulations Rooni!!! I am right there with you with the rough recovery. My c-section went well, but the pain and complications afterwards are really bad.

Zara Ann is a great name!

no1phillygirl responded:
Congrats on your baby girl. I love the name. I'm sorry that you are having a rough recovery from the csection. i got very lucky and had no complications. Take care of yourself.
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

codysu responded:
Congrats Rooni! I love her name! I hope you recover quickly from the c-section, and I'm glad that you and your baby girl are doing well!
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

rooni134 responded:
Thank you for all the wishes!!

KL0124 responded:
Congratulations on Zara Ann! Sorry to hear that it wasn't the birth you had planned. Enjoy your new little one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married for 7 going on 8 years. We have a wonderful, smart little boy who is 6 going on 25. After a bout with infertility we now ha...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.