Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story: Erin and James
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
On Wednesday, June 27th, I had my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks. Erin Elizabeth and James Donald were born at 11:40 and 11:41 am. Erin weighed 4 lbs 12 oz and James weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. No one was expecting for him to be that much bigger than she is.

Because of his latest growth spurt, James has lungs that are at 37 weeks trying to breathe for his 40- week-sized body. Both babies have been in the NICU since Wednesday. Erin spent the day with us in the hospital room, but her brother is still in the NICU 24/7. He's totally off the oxygen now and the neonatologist let him start eating formula today. He's so happy to eat because he's a big boy!

Erin is a very happy baby girl. She is very tiny, but she's not fussy. She eats as much formula as her brother does. I've been pumping colostrum for the nurses to mix with the formula. They tell me that my milk should come within a few days.

Erin and I might be discharged tomorrow, but James will probably have to stay for a few days at most. He's breathing much better, but the doctor is pretty cautious.

My husband and I have been so blessed. I'm having a lot of pain from the c-section, but whenever I look at the babies, I know that it was worth it.

KL0124 responded:
Mary, Congratulations on the birth of your babies! I love the names. Sorry that James is having a little bit of a rough start and Erin needs a little extra too. It sounds like things are going well overall. Good luck healing from your c-section. Enjoy your little bundles. Will be praying for all of you. Kris

FrenchBulldogMom replied to KL0124's response:
Ty! We got to take Erin home yesterday at lunch. Then, around 9pm, we went back to the hospital to bring some milk for James. He was sleeping under the UV light for his jaundice. We have to call today and see what the neonatologist says about if he can go home or not today. If not, we'll go back and visit him. It's just awful having to leave a baby in the NICU.

Last night Erin slept for 5 1/2 hours and I had to wake her up so that she'd eat. I only got 2 hours of sleep because it was our first night home, and I was overly nervous and watched her sleep.

deliela999 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear everything is going relatively well. It has to be so amazing to finally hold your babies and have them here.

no1phillygirl responded:
Congrats on the birth of Erin and James. I am so happy for you. I hope that you are feeling better. I hope that James will be home any day now. Enjoy those babies.
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

codysu responded:
Mary, congrats on your babies! I'm still in disbelief at how much bigger James is than Erin! But they are truly adorable, and I hope that James is able to come home very soon!
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Ty guys! We got to take James home today. He's a little fussier than Erin is, but not that bad. Now that we've gotten them home, I'm learning the ins and outs of breast feeding.

It's really hard. Every time one of the twins cries, my body panics and I leak. I seriously have to buy some more nursing pads. I even squirted myself in the eye with milk today!!!

Can somebody refer me to the PAIF grad board? Talk to you all soon!

booklvr04 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Come and join us! And congratulations on your twins!! How exciting and wonderful!!

http://exchanges.webmd.com/paif-graduates-exchange
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have a DS (Kooper, 3 years old) from IVF/ICSI #1. IVF/ICSI #2 BFP with m/c @ 9.5 weeks, IVF/ICSI #3 BFN, FET 1 hatching blast BFP

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.