Skip to content
Checking In
nicram8683 posted:
Its been a really long time since I have been on here so I just wanted to share. My son is now 6 weeks old and we are both doing well. I have my first appointment with my OB tomorrow to check on me, which I think will go well since I have not been having any issues.

We have struggled with my son a bit since his roller coaster birth. He was in the NICU for several days due to a delayed meconium plug. Since then we have had to switch him to soy formula for supplementing. He actually lost quite a bit of weight really quickly. I still breastfeed as much as I can. He exclusively breastfeeds at night, but during the day it seems like I just dont have enough for this growing boy. He seems to have a lot of digestion issues, can go days without pooping, and is very uncomfortable. It is a bit stressful for me, but luckily he is still sleeping great at night. He goes to bed by 10 and wakes up only 2 times in the night. I feel very blessed with that. At his 2 month check up Dr. says she will get more into what may be causing his issues, if anything.

I hope all the new mommas are doing great & all the rest of you are having a happy healthy pregnancy!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

BabyParks responded:
Thank you for updating Nicole. I would make sure and keep pushing if you are still not seeing results. We had lots of issues with Parker and he did not do well at all from the beginning. I breast fed only for 2 weeks then he was put on formula because my hormones could not handle it. So we jus started doing formula. He did ok for a while then by week 3 we were noticing him choking and gagging all the time. I thought it was my fault and because I had switched that he wouldn't be as healthy and all those guilty things you feel as a mama when your milk comes in great and he gets the right amounts but I just couldn't do it. Parker Aspirated meconium and was in the NICU for 8 days, I also had a traumatic birth right before that because his heart rate was dropping and they all told us all the ways we could die and that our baby would have been a dead baby if we wouldn't have got theere by then. So got there and had parker very truamatic under general anesthesia without any spinal or epidural just knocked me out, which was for the best at that time. Got him out and took him straight to monitor him casue apgars were like 4/9! It was horrible and I was so scared. He transferred to another local large hospital and I stayed right up the road. There were times when his O2 levels were low and would stay around 89-90 even when they discharged him home to us, so that was not a safe number for me but they assured us he was fine that was just where he breathed and that it would go up with age and it did slowly go up to about 98 now! He also had severe reflux and I knew something was wrong because he would gag and was choking on the milk. We added rice ot it and it helped but then his stomach would hurt and every formula we tried for the similac sensitve or anything he would just bow his back like it was killing his tummy and scream. He would drink and it would make a gulping sound then he woudl gag ans spit it back out, but he wanted to drink it cause he thought it would help. It was pittiful. So go with your gut feeling if there is something wrong you know your dchild. We are calling dr. laney tomorrow for parker because he was in the Er with Stomach issues still. He can't poop and they were looking to see what was going on. But it ended up being nothing and we just need to keep doing the miralax very regular. He was so pittiful. He also takes prevacid still to this day for his Reflux so you know your baby and if it's not better get him help Goodluck girl. We had Emerson July 16th at 1:29 am and it was so smooth I didn't know what to expect. It doesn't even seem like it's real this time cause he is here with us the whole time and there hi didn't meet parker til day 3. Emerson is the best baby ever and is sleeping so good and not fussy at all. I am praying it continues but know there little bellies do change around week 2. Thank you again and I may post a pic soon of our little family soon

nicram8683 replied to BabyParks's response:
Congrats and I am glad everything went ok with you. Trevor's birth was easy & uneventful, just the afterwards part that was scary. I spoke to my mom (who works in a NICU for 30 yrs) and called the nurse line for the peditirition and decided to try some gripe water. Yesterday was the first day I used it, and I only gave it in the evening which is when he seems to be the most irritable. About an hour after giving the first dose he had a massive poop, lol. Not saying the gripe water did it, but either way I know he had to feel better. And after the second dose, I was able to get him down for bed a lot easier then I have all week. So I am going to monitior and see if its really helping.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to BabyParks's response:
Congrats on Emerson's birth!!!

BabyParks replied to nicram8683's response:
That is what we also used on Parker, Gripe Water, it was our best friend too! Keep me posted on your baby!! I hope it continues he doesn't hurt any. Emerson is still sleeping well but we are just now 2 weeks old. We are praying he has not belly issues tho like parker did. It was really really stressful but so far so good this time. I am praying nothing hurts baby boy at all this time!

BabyParks replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thank you so much!!! We are so blessed!

Lopersgrl replied to BabyParks's response:
CONGRATS TO YOU, BabyParks!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to hear that you had you little one and I bet baby Emerson is all that and more than you could have hoped for. I am so happy to hear he is finally here. Good luck to you and your family.
Me(23) DH (24) TTC 5 years w/1 M/C after 2 years. 3 rounds of clomid and a BFP on my own on 2/2/12. Due in October.

BabyParks replied to Lopersgrl's response:
Thank you so much! I hope you are doing great Lopersgrl??? When is your due date? I know you are excited about meeting your little one finally as well and know you will be a great mommy! Do you have any names picked out yet??

Lopersgrl replied to BabyParks's response:
BabyParks I am due October 12 and I can not wait. We are naming our little man Ethan Millard. I am trying to make sure we have everything we need for his arrival and hubby is so excited all he keeps saying is " I dont care where he sleeps or what he has. I am just ready for him to get here."
Me(23) DH (24) TTC 5 years w/1 M/C after 2 years. 3 rounds of unsuccessful clomid and a BFP on my own on 2/2/12. Due in October with our precious lil Ethan Millard.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 40 and DH is 42. We have a singleton due on 11/15/10. It was a DE FET cycle.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.