Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Advice Please
deliela999 posted:
I'm feeling overwhelmed! Our house is a mess trying to have wood floors installed (for a month now). That turned into a disaster and I had to fire the installer on Thursday and am starting over with a new one. I like the new one but it's going to be 3-4 weeks before he can come and do the work because I'm new to the bottom of his waiting list. In the mean time my house is all out of order and I have no place to put baby stuff. We're excited to know we're having a girl and ready to start buying furniture and putting the room together.

In the middle of dealing with all that this week my brother's wedding invitation showed up and it's cocktail attire. She's Italian and already told us Italian tradition says we can't wear black or we'll offend her family. I don't know what to buy! I'm also trying not to spend a fortune since I'll probably only wear it once. I'm already looking at one dress in my closet thinking it might work for the rehearsal dinner since it's loose at the waist, but I won't know until closer to time and I see how it fits. I also know I'm going to have a fight with DH over dressing nicer than he'd planned. Any suggestions on finding a dress for me??

KOOPERSMOM responded:
Lurking...

try ebay or craigslist for a dress. You might find someone who has been in your same situation who has a dress that's only been worn once.
Sarah(36) DH(36) IVF/ICSI 1 DS Kooper(3), IVF/ICSI 2 m/c at 9.5 weeks, IVF/ICSI 3 BFN, FET of 1 hatching blast EDD 11-20-11. Yellow team!

lindsycd responded:
There's a website that loans special occasion maternity dresses: http://www.minefornine.com/ I haven't used it but it's recommended in a lot of books. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Candis. Just got married at earlier this year to my wonderful husband Nick. This is a first marriage for me but a second for him. We are c...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.