Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PINK TEAM!!
westsidebee posted:
Hi everyone,

We had our anatomy scan on Wednesday, and the doctor said everything checked out and looked good. And...it's a girl!!

Deep down, I'm incredibly excited about my baby girl. But up front, the infertile in me is still having trouble accepting this and letting myself celebrate. I can tell that I still have my guard up, and I'm still worried about something going wrong. Will I ever relax and just enjoy being pregnant? Have any of you, or do you feel the same way?

On the one hand, I feel like it would be irresponsible to get too excited too early, and I know from experience how to protect myself in case of bad news. But on the other hand, I feel guilty not celebrating this baby, not immediately letting her know how excited I truly am. I think I'm just still scared of admitting to myself how much I want this.

Anyway, pink team it is, couldn't be happier!

deliela999 responded:
Congrats on joining the pink team! We're on it too. For me finding out it's a girl made it more real (as if the growing belly and puking wasn't enough) and we're shopping for furniture and stuff. My sister, who also had IF problems, pointed out that I'm doing better than she was at this point. She was researching at what point if she had the baby it would likely survive. I think she came up with 24 weeks the baby had more than 50% chance of survival. She didn't want to buy anything or start working on the room until she hit 24 weeks. I only talked her into buying a few things when her MIL started picking out a crib when my sister wanted to make her own choice. She was also afraid to commit to girl stuff in case the ultrasound tech was wrong. This is why the majority of stuff she had when her daughter was born I bought at garage sales or off clearance racks. By the time she settled down about all that she wasn't up for shopping. She's made up for it by obsessively shopping now and buying stuff for my baby. I guess my point is that it's at least somewhat normal to feel like that, but at some point you'll accept that everything is going to be ok. As lousy as I feel I'm trying to enjoy the experience because this is probably going to be an only child.

KL0124 responded:
Congratulations on pink! It is very normal to feel that way especially when you've had to work so hard to even get pg. There are times you are able to just relax and be pg, but I think the fear always lurks. I'm high risk and was with DD so was always limited on activity and eating to prevent harm to the baby/babies, so relaxing isn't really much of an option. It is amazing to feel them move and know they are alright. Good luck and enjoy buying some sweet little girl things!

gjbsgirl5705 responded:
congratulations on pink team! i had a hard time shopping (still do) it's always in the back of my mind "what if something happens" or what if "she" comes out a "he" - which Lord help that poor little boy since he'll come home to a sea of pink and lace lol. but, in all reality the tech told me 100% girl and my doctor told me she's very healthy and measuring right on track so I shouldn't worry. I have a growth u/s on wednesday to make sure she's growing and is on track since my babies tend to be smaller
me(Amy) - 30 dh - 29
IVF/ICSI -1 Caleb born 4/18/08
IVF/ICSI -2 Carter born 4/29/11
Our Surprise, Hannah Kate - due 10/26/12

booklvr04 replied to gjbsgirl5705's response:
Yay!!! Congratulations! So exciting for you and your husband. Yes, I agree that knowing the gender made it more real for me, but like some of the others mentioned, I'm not sure the fear goes away completely. I finally figured out that we know to much. We IF women are research women, we know way more than the average pregnant woman, so we know all the possibilities, all the good... and the bad. It's horrible to have so much knowledge. But I do think as time goes on and you feel the baby ALL the time and you get bigger and further along, you will relax and enjoy bonding time with your sweet girl. Congrats again!
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

ninjarbaby responded:
Congratulations! Omg I'm so happy for you! I hear you though. I remember keeping my guard up all the time even after the anatomy scan. I'll tell you this though, eventually you'll learn to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
Jane(30), DH(30), DSD(12) - TTC 1 since 2008 after m/c in Feb 2008 - Stopped actively TTC'ing in mid 2009 after unexplained IF. Surprise BFP 8/31/11! EDD 5/4/2012 Blue Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married for 7 going on 8 years. We have a wonderful, smart little boy who is 6 going on 25. After a bout with infertility we now ha...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!