Skip to content
Child Care?
deliela999 posted:
What are all you ladies planning to do about child care? As hard as we worked for this little girl it's hard to imagine leaving her in anyone's hands, but at the same time I don't think I would want to stay home full time even if we could afford it...but since we can't afford it that's not really an option anyway. I've been discussing working part-time for a while with my boss and he's ok with it, but that will require child care for the days I work without paying for a full time daycare spot. I'm so scared to leave her with someone I don't really know. It's overwhelming!

KOOPERSMOM responded:
Lurking...

Speaking from experience I can say that finding a babysitter has been the hardest part of being a parent so far. We had issues with our first babysitter and she dumped us when DS1 was about 6 months old and we have been with the same sitter since then (DS1 is now 4). I have issues with how many kids she watches and I know the TV is on all day (which I hate) but I have never had any problems with my kids and she is great as far as working with our work schedules. I only work part time and my boys only go there 2 days a week. If they went therefmore often I would have probably found a new place. It's a hard decision. Do your research and talk to as many people as you can. No one will ever take the same care of your child as you will, you just have to find someone that with satisfy you.

Good luck!
Sarah(36) DH(36) IVF/ICSI 1 DS Kooper(3), IVF/ICSI 2 m/c at 9.5 weeks, IVF/ICSI 3 BFN, FET of 1 hatching blast EDD 11-20-11. Yellow team!

booklvr04 replied to KOOPERSMOM's response:
Lurking...

I agree with Sarah... You have to find someone or some place that you feel comfortable with and fits with your schedule. Visit lots of places and go with your gut feeling, but it still may be trial and error. I had my son in a small daycare until he was about 14 months, and I noticed at that time they he wasn't really doing much all day. We decided to switch to a daycare that has more of a school environment and he has thrived and I feel much better about where he is during the day. Good luck, it has been the hardest decision for me and my husband.
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have a DS (Kooper, 3 years old) from IVF/ICSI #1. IVF/ICSI #2 BFP with m/c @ 9.5 weeks, IVF/ICSI #3 BFN, FET 1 hatching blast BFP

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.