Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trapped at the hospital :(
deliela999 posted:
My BP isn't behaving and I've been here since yesterday afternoon. My doctor adjusted meds, but it's still not going very well. They will be calling him soon with labs and readings to see what's next. I really want to be in my own bed with my dogs snuggling me! Hopefully he'll be willing to let me go home soon. I'm glad my doctor was on call this weekend since I haven't started rotating yet so I haven't met any of the others. My hubby was pretty bad yesterday, but has been better today. He didn't get how serious this is because of the baby. I've had BP problems before and it wasn't a big ordeal. He did comment today how much it sucks that we've had such a rough road this whole time and it's not looking like the next 3 months or so are going to be easier.

no1phillygirl responded:
Wow I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope that you are out of the hospital by now. I know how it feels to have so many problems i dinally had my baby then the day after i was discharghed i soent 5 hrs in the er. They thought i might have a blood clot or preeclampsia . Luckily it was just alot of swelling and i just had to stay off my feet but it was very scary to finally have my baby and i was looking at being admitted again. This IF is not easy from beginning to end .Take care of yourself.
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

deliela999 replied to no1phillygirl's response:
Thanks! I did make it home late last Sunday, then spent 3 days on bedrest. I talked my way off bedrest Wednesday promising to take it easy and sit a lot. My BP still isn't coming down, but it's more stable and we're still working on it. I saw a cardiologist on Thursday and he gave me another med. I've spent way too much time at CVS lately! Yesterday was my nephew's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. I managed to park myself at a table and avoid telling my in-laws about all this. MIL tried hard to get our list of possible names out of me, but I held out (and made sure DH didn't tell her). At first I just didn't want her opinion, then it became fun to mess with her. She's awful to me, but so selfish she doesn't go out of her way to contact me so usually I'm just ignored...fine with me! This IF journey has been rough all the way! It stinks, but makes us appreciate this little girl and know that she'd most likely be the only one. Neither of us can imagine signing up to do this all over again.

no1phillygirl replied to deliela999's response:
I am glad you are hm. I hear you about this being it. Eliza is it for us. I am trying to enjoy every second we have with her. The first 3mths are a blur though. I am looking forward to hearing About your birth story
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I'm sorry to hear that your BP is up. I spent 14 days of the last month of my pregnancy in the hospital. All told, I was admitted 6 times. I hope that you can spend most of the rest of your pregnancy at home. I'm looking forward to your birth story.

deliela999 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
It's really scary because I'm only 25 weeks. I keep thinking if they can't get it down I'm going to either be stuck on bedrest for a very long time or end up having her really early. The newest medicine that the cardiologist gave me seems to be helping some, but I think I'm going to have to raise the dose. I have instructions on raising the dose if it's not low enough. I had a heart ultrasound today just to check. He didn't expect to find anything. It seems like I've been pregnant forever and have forever to go! I'm still fighting nausea and taking zofran all day too. I'm over feeling lousy and want my baby girl to be here safe and sound!

Spotlight: Member Stories

6 rounds of Clomid (spring/summer 2011), Laparoscopy for endo and ovarian cysts (August 2011), Lupron to remove any remaining endo (fall/winter 20...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.