Skip to content
Birth story, premie twins
jdfan14 posted:
So I have not been on here forever but wanted to update our birth story. On 6-25-2012 we welcomed our twins Ella Jean and Liam Joseph. They were born early at 29.5 weeks and currently are doing really well. They were 2.5 months premature and spent 2 months in a NICU unit. We are so blessed to have them a part of our lives and they were long awaited little miracles. We luckily had success on our second IVF cycle last December. Actually a year ago today I started the first shot for that cycle.

I had a complete previa that brought on the early delivery. At 20 weeks I had some bleeding and the previa was diagnosed. I had no more bleeding until week 28 where I had some light spotting, I would go to labor and delivery right way and they would monitor me when the light spotting happened. After about 4 days of that is when it took a turn for the worse and I started to hemorrhage. We were getting ready to do our 4D ultrasound when I went to use the restroom and bam, there was blood everywhere! So thankful we were already at the hospital. I ended up getting transferred to a larger hospital as we needed a more sophisticated NICU unit. We were able to keep them in utero for 10 days, knocking off 30 days in an isolate. They said each day the babies stay in it takes 3 days off their time in an isolate. My previa had gone from partial to complete and was told I actually should have been on best rest since the initial bleeding at 20 weeks, we were very lucky. Needless to say I do not have anything good to say about my original OB doctor. However, it turned out well for where we were transferred too. The night of June 25 I had my 3rd round of bleeding throught the 10 day stay and they decided to take the babies. I was so scared, I was all alone, my husband was working 2 hrs away I called him and he just made it in time fore we started to operate for the Csection. Other family members came to the hospital also but I felt all alone especially while they were giving me the epidural. As soon as my husband arrived they started and sweet Ella came out first then little Liam 3 minutes later and when I heard their cries I just could not believe they had arrived!

The time in the NICU was interesting to say the least-that is a whole other world. The doctors and nurses are AMAZING. I could not believe how little they were. We were assured they were doing well and I practically lived in the NICU unit J It was so hard to leave them at night. We luckily were able to stay at Ronald McDonald House Charities and I cannot say enough about them as well. Each day, our babies got stronger and stronger and were one day closer to becoming term and going home. I so just wanted to be able to hold them and care for them on my own. It was day to day and sometimes hour by hour. We are so lucky to have two strong fighting babies. We were discharged on 8-31-2012 and it was the best thing ever! We happily brought them home. They are 5 months now and are doing well.
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011-BFP! TWINS!!

no1phillygirl responded:
Thank you for posting your story. Sorry to hear all the bleeding you had. Must have been very scary. Don't forget to join the Paif grad board. Congrats on the babies.
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

jdfan14 replied to no1phillygirl's response:
Hi, thanks for the message! What board are you referring to, where do you find it at? Hope are well, i sort of was able to follow your story and many congrats on your little girl!

no1phillygirl replied to jdfan14's response:
Type In "Paif graduates board" in the community search
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

Cannot find this?

Sorry never mind got it. Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kim (37)DH Barry (37) we where ttc for 3.5 years, we have unexplained infertility. We did 3 IUI's with clomid with no luck. We where fi...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.