Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Newly Pregnant
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Hi ladies!

I just found out I'm pregnant this last week after 16 months of TTC #2.
They drew a HCG level on wednesday and it was 26. That was the day before I even missed my period. The nurse said the level was low, but when I told her I hadn't even missed my period she said that the low level made sense, I'm just really early on. I'm really hoping and praying that everything will work out. I had an early m/c last year, so I'm praying for this one to stick - which I think it will.

KL0124 responded:
Congratulations and welcome! May you have a H&H 9 months to you.

westsidebee responded:
Congrats! Hope you've got a sticky one

Leah25Brooke2 replied to westsidebee's response:
Thanks ladies! I'm hoping and praying everything works out! I should hear back today about my levels from friday. Hopefully they are rising like they should.

rosecam responded:
Congratulations! I wish you and baby a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'm just a few weeks ahead of you, so hopefully we can go through all this together!
Rose (31) DH (32). TTC for over 2 years, 4 fresh IVFs plus 2 FETs. BFP 11/26/10. EDD 8/3/11.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to rosecam's response:
Hi Rose! Thanks! Congrats to you too! How far along are you? I'm pretty sure I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. My LMP was Oct 31st. I'm disappointed my OB doesn't want to see me until January! And they haven't called back with results from my second HCG lab. Getting rather frustrated! Other than that, I feel great!

rosecam replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I'm 8 weeks as of today. I still haven't called my OB - have to do that today. My RE said that the OB should see me around 10-12 weeks, which would be late December for me. So I'm not surprised that your OB doesn't want to see you until January, but I know it's still annoying!

I hope the second hcg is good! I would probably call to ask about it since they're overdue to call you. But that's me.
Rose (31) DH (32). TTC for over 2 years, 4 fresh IVFs plus 2 FETs. BFP 11/26/10. EDD 8/3/11.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to rosecam's response:
Oh I called! Multiple times! There was something wrong with the 48 hr lab draw, so they drew again today one week later and my level went from 26 to 626 in one week! They said this was higher than normal. They said that the HCG level should rise every 48 hours, so it should have been around 300. I'm wondering if this means twins??

KL0124 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Wow that is a high beta! Even if it's not twins. good numbers can mean a nice healthy pregnancy.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to KL0124's response:
I'd be thrilled if it was twins! But just as thrilled to have one nice healthy pregnancy and baby!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP 11/27/12.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I found a beta calculator, I don't think it's twins, it's not that high! But I'm glad it raised quite a bit that first week!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP 11/27/12.

Happy they are good solid numbers. May you have a great pregnancy. Mine were in the singleton range (150 & 551 4 days later), but am definitely having twins.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to KL0124's response:
Wow? Really? Awesome! So when are you due?

They are b/g twins due 1/11/13, but will probably deliver this week and almost definitely before Christmas per my OB.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After almost 3 years of trying, doing many meds, IUIs, and a failed IVF, we conceived on our own!! Due with our first May 10th. 20 week u/s Dec. 27th,...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.