Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Huge Apology
KL0124 posted:
Ladies, I completely apologize about dropping the ball with the list and dropping off the face of the planet. There is a laundry list of reasons why, but I should have asked for help or passed the responsibility on to someone else. Right after the last list was posted, we got to spend sometime in L&D for fetal distress and though we were losing the babies. My teenage brother got diagnosed with a hole in his heart and has heart surgery. He is doing well. Two different grandparents from different sides of the family have been in and out of the hospital for various surgeries and we are looking at maybe needing nursing home placement. My dad has had follow up appts with oncology, opthamology and endocrinolgy. He is doing well, still cancer free, but they are talking surgery late winter. We also did another trip to L&D for preterm labor. My DD was almost hospitalized with pneumonia this past week. I'm still working full time and DH is in clinical rotations, so life went crazy.

On the plus side, the babies are still looking good and we made it to December. They will not stop labor any more as of today and will not let me go past 12/28, so it won't be long before the babies are here and we can add a whole new world of craziness to our lives.

If there is anyone willing to take over the list, please let me know. I will try my best to be better, but with pending delivery it would be nice to have someone in place.

Thanks all for listening. Hope all is well with you.

westsidebee responded:
Hi Kris -- wow, big hugs to you and your family, and I hope everyone continues to do better! What a crazy few weeks. Definitely don't apologize to anyone here! You've been through a lot and you deserve some time to catch your breath! Thanks for updating us and updating the list.

Sounds like your babies are hanging in there and doing great. I'm so excited for you. My due date is 12/20 and my doctor says she wouldn't want to go more than 1 week past due, which means both of us will be having our babies very soon! I can't wait to hear your birth story, and can't wait to meet my little girl. I'll be thinking of you and looking for your update, whenever you get the chance, no pressure. The board has been slow recently anyway -- I think we've all been busy. Best of luck!!

rosecam responded:
Wow, good luck with everything! I can't imagine how hard these weeks must have been.

I think for taking over the list it would have to be me or Leah25Brooke2, since we're the only other 2 on here! I'll be honest - I probably wouldn't be able to maintain a weekly update. I'm just not that organized and on top of things. However I'm happy to update sporadically until someone else comes along who's willing to take over. Just let me know if you'd like me to.
Rose (31) DH (32). TTC for over 2 years, 4 fresh IVFs plus 2 FETs. BFP 11/26/10. EDD 8/3/11.

KL0124 replied to westsidebee's response:
Thanks Westsidebee. Hooray for being so close to delivery. How are you feeling? Do you have things set up for your little girl? Names picked out? Good luck to you!

KL0124 replied to rosecam's response:
Rose, It would be wonderful if you were willing to take over the list as best as you are able until someone else comes along to do it. As you can tell I had really good spurts with weekly and then not so much. It's very exciting to have some new pg to make the list grow. Do you want to take over now or wait until I have delivered? Thanks again

no1phillygirl responded:
Thanks for updating us. You certainly have had way too much going on. We appreciate all that you have done in keeping the list going. I'm sorry to hear about all of your family illnesses and glad to hear that those babies are doing well. I can't wait to hear your birth story.

Take care of yourself!!!
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married for 6 years. We decided to start to try for our first baby after about 6 months marriage (I always had this suspicion that ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.