Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Westsidebee's birth story
westsidebee posted:
She's finally here! And she's perfect in every way.

Baby Jenna was born on Friday, December 21, 2012, at 40 weeks 1 day. Because I was getting past my due date and had no signs of imminent labor, we decided to induce. We checked into the hospital at 8pm on Thursday night (the 20th), and I was monitored that night and given Cytotec to soften the cervix. In the morning I was about 2cm dilated. We started Pitocin at 8am Friday morning, my water broke at 9:30am, contractions came pretty fast after that. Around 11am I was at 4cm. I got an epidural around 12, and at 1pm I was 7cm. By about 2:30 I was fully dilated at 10cm, and started pushing at 3pm. She was born at 4:15!

We are home from the hospital and doing great. I am still having trouble believing she's really finally here, after we started trying in April 2008. What a long journey -- she's totally worth the wait. I'm in love

Happy holidays! Will update again soon.
-Tiffany

livelaughmoe responded:
Tiffany, what a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing,
Unexplained infertility
TTC for 3 years
IUI 5 BFP M/C 8-9weeks

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Congrats!!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP 11/27/12.

ninjarbaby responded:
ah I've been waiting for this post! congrats tiffany! I'm so glad she'sfinally here! And you're right. definitely worth the wait. update soon! I'm so happy for you!
Jane(30), DH(30), DSD(12) - TTC 1 since 2008 after m/c in Feb 2008 - Stopped actively TTC'ing in mid 2009 after unexplained IF. Surprise BFP 8/31/11! EDD 5/4/2012 Blue Team!

booklvr04 replied to ninjarbaby's response:
Congratulations Tiffany! What a beautiful Christmas gift!! Hope you are doing well!
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

no1phillygirl responded:
Congrats. Beautiful name. I'm so happy for you. Yes I agree, although the journey was the most difficult thing I have ever gone through, it was worth it! Enjoy her!
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I love the name! I wanted to name our girl twin Gemma, but my husband said it was weird, LOL! I should have compromised and gone with Jenna, but we went with Erin.

I agree with you about being worth the wait. I totally feel the same way about my two. I can't wait to read updates on how you guys are doing.

PGinSJ replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Welcome to the world Jenna! Ugh tears of joy for you Tiff. It's been a long LONG time coming. Nothing better than holding her right?! Huge hugs.
Me (39) and DH (38). 2 m/cs and unexplained IF. DS Connor born 8/22/10 via our 3rd IUI and DS 2 Tyler born 3/25/12, conceived naturally.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Unexplained infertility TTC for 3 years Cyst on r Fallopian tube removed, the the BFP started rolling in! IUI# 5 BFP m/c 8-9 weeks IUI 7 BFP due A...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!