Skip to content
Westsidebee's birth story
westsidebee posted:
She's finally here! And she's perfect in every way.

Baby Jenna was born on Friday, December 21, 2012, at 40 weeks 1 day. Because I was getting past my due date and had no signs of imminent labor, we decided to induce. We checked into the hospital at 8pm on Thursday night (the 20th), and I was monitored that night and given Cytotec to soften the cervix. In the morning I was about 2cm dilated. We started Pitocin at 8am Friday morning, my water broke at 9:30am, contractions came pretty fast after that. Around 11am I was at 4cm. I got an epidural around 12, and at 1pm I was 7cm. By about 2:30 I was fully dilated at 10cm, and started pushing at 3pm. She was born at 4:15!

We are home from the hospital and doing great. I am still having trouble believing she's really finally here, after we started trying in April 2008. What a long journey -- she's totally worth the wait. I'm in love

Happy holidays! Will update again soon.
-Tiffany

livelaughmoe responded:
Tiffany, what a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing,
Unexplained infertility
TTC for 3 years
IUI 5 BFP M/C 8-9weeks

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Congrats!!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP 11/27/12.

ninjarbaby responded:
ah I've been waiting for this post! congrats tiffany! I'm so glad she'sfinally here! And you're right. definitely worth the wait. update soon! I'm so happy for you!
Jane(30), DH(30), DSD(12) - TTC 1 since 2008 after m/c in Feb 2008 - Stopped actively TTC'ing in mid 2009 after unexplained IF. Surprise BFP 8/31/11! EDD 5/4/2012 Blue Team!

booklvr04 replied to ninjarbaby's response:
Congratulations Tiffany! What a beautiful Christmas gift!! Hope you are doing well!
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

no1phillygirl responded:
Congrats. Beautiful name. I'm so happy for you. Yes I agree, although the journey was the most difficult thing I have ever gone through, it was worth it! Enjoy her!
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I love the name! I wanted to name our girl twin Gemma, but my husband said it was weird, LOL! I should have compromised and gone with Jenna, but we went with Erin.

I agree with you about being worth the wait. I totally feel the same way about my two. I can't wait to read updates on how you guys are doing.

PGinSJ replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Welcome to the world Jenna! Ugh tears of joy for you Tiff. It's been a long LONG time coming. Nothing better than holding her right?! Huge hugs.
Me (39) and DH (38). 2 m/cs and unexplained IF. DS Connor born 8/22/10 via our 3rd IUI and DS 2 Tyler born 3/25/12, conceived naturally.

Spotlight: Member Stories

6 rounds of Clomid (spring/summer 2011), Laparoscopy for endo and ovarian cysts (August 2011), Lupron to remove any remaining endo (fall/winter 20...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.