Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Prometrium
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Has anyone taken promtetrium in the first trimester and had a successful pregnancy? When they first check my progesterone when confirming pregnancy, the nurse said it was really high. Now I'm nine weeks and they said they need me to take prometrium. And now I'm worried something will go wrong.
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

abbey96 responded:
I took Endometrium (which I think is the same thing) after a successful IVF. I was on it until about week 10 and then my doctor had me quit. I was actually worried about stopping it, and that causing something to go wrong.

I wouldn't worry too much, if you're concerned about beginning a prescription 9 weeks in... Just keep in mind that many women have gone through this same situation, and your doctor wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't best for your baby. Keep me posted on your pregnancy, looks like we are a little over a week or so apart
Laparoscopy for endo

Leah25Brooke2 replied to abbey96's response:
Thanks for the reply! I'll be twelve weeks this coming wednesday, and so far so good. I just knew that a low progesterone could make me m/c, thats why I was worried. But all seems to be going well. I've had alot of nausea and vomiting. Weeks nine-ten I would throw up anything literally 5-10 minutes after eating it! Have you experienced any nausea/vomiting? I know it's just part of pregnancy but I've had pretty bad nausea since 6 weeks, and am still having it. Looking forward to getting that part over with! How far along are you now?
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

abbey96 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Ill be beginning week 14 Friday. I haven't had much nausea - as long as I keep something in my stomach. More than anything I have had a ton of fatigue... I can't get through a day without a nap

Supposedly your vomiting might mean a girl!! My sister swears by it having a boy and a girl, and being much more sick with her daughter. I've been thinking I'm having a boy since before Christmas - and my small belly is "football" shaped.

Are you showing yet? This was my first week that my pants are fitting tight, so I've been doing online shopping for empire waisted spring dresses.
Laparoscopy for endo

Leah25Brooke2 replied to abbey96's response:
Well, I've actually had a boy and was sick with him, but with my daughter I threw up only once! So I'm thinking I'm having a boy! But either way, I'll be happy! I want to find out with the u/s, but my husband loves to be suprised so we are waiting to find out the sex until the birth!

I'm not exactly showing. I had some fat on my belly from before I was pregnant, so it looks about the same. But I'm going to look for maternity pants this week because my jeans kind of cut in to my belly and it's uncomfortable! I can still fit into my jeans but I want something more comfortable.

I'm so excited to be pregnant! I just haven't felt very good the last several weeks. My immunity is lowered since being pregnant so on top of the vomiting I've had alot of different illnesses. Which stinks! But i'll take whatever just for one beautiful healthy baby!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been TTC'ing since 2008. We stopped actively TTC'ing in mid-2009 after it was determined that it was unexplained IF so we figure...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!