Skip to content
hello everyone!!
BabyParks posted:
Does anyone remember me here? I am so sorry Ive not been in touch, I think about you all often and miss chatting here!! You will be seeing more of me!! Happy New years everyone!!

deliela999 responded:
Hi! I remember you. How's your little guy doing? I had my baby girl at 28 weeks with all kinds of complications on my end, but now she's 4 months and we're both doing great. It's been such a journey we're so thrilled to have her. I think the infertility and all my complications gave us a greater appreciation for her.

BabyParks replied to deliela999's response:
Hey! I am so happy to hear from you! He is doing wonderful! No complications with this guy whatsoever, our first different story tho! What all happened? I would love to hear if you don't mind sharing. Yes it makes you appreciate them all the more and I try to thank God everyday for them and pray with and over them.
I get so upset when I hear others say stuff about their children to their face about how they are driving them insane, trust me, they have no idea what we deal with daily or what so many other people deal with that is much much worse than what any of us could ever even imagine deal with. There is always someone who is worse off than we are, always! So I hate to ever complain ever about Parker or Emerson! They are my weet boys and I'm thrilled to have them both in my life and they are both healthy boys! That's # 1 in my book!

deliela999 replied to BabyParks's response:
I'm so glad your boys are doing well! I'm with you how hard it is to see others not appreciate their kids. I even saw some of that in the nicu lounge. We wanted this little girl so bad and went through so much to have her I can't imagine treating her that way. There were so many parents that never even visited their babies! I was there every day and everyone knew me, even those that never cared for her. It was an hour drive and exhausting, but what we needed to do. Our problem is going to be disciplining her when she gets older. I ended up with severe pre-e at 28 weeks and in the hospital. Initially they told me I'd be there 4-6 more weeks until I delivered. The goal was to make it to 34 weeks then induce. 3 days later the blood flow through her cord back to me started going backward between her heartbeats so they did an emergency c-section. She weighed 2 pounds even. She was on a vent for 1 day and cpap for 5, then off breathing support other than on and off a nasal canula usually on room air with a little oxygen occasionally. She actually had a pretty easy 69 day nicu stay...for a 2 pound baby. After the c-section my kidneys quit working for a few days and I had to have 3 blood transfusions. I wasn't allowed to see her for 3 days during that, then a nurse had to stay with me to visit for a few minutes. I finally went home for 2 days, then when I went back to have my staples out my incision came open and I was back in the hospital for 2 nights while they worked it out to hook me to a wound vac for about 3 weeks. We are so grateful to have come out well! People ask if she's our first and I answer only. Those that know the whole story understand why we don't want to test our luck with another. There were a few days when my husband knew he easily could have lost both of us. When I told my OB we were done he said that was a good decision.

My bosses were awesome and let me have an extra month off work and come back part time. I just started back 2 weeks ago 2 days a week and found a good licensed in-home daycare for her. The woman keeping her is already in love with her and told me I could go back to work full time anytime I want. She's such a happy easy baby, just miniature (8 pounds at 4 months). I will eventually, but for now my boss has agreed to 6-12 months of this schedule, then we'll reevaluate and I'll probably add a day every few months until I'm full time again. It's so nice to have the extra time with my little angel for now and kiss these chubby little cheeks that didn't used to be chubby at all.

BabyParks replied to deliela999's response:
She is just beautiful! Look how perfect she is. I am so glad your bosses are all working with you that is so important. I will keep praying for you all. Sounds like you have had quite the journey! We too are finished because I can't chance losing me or a baby, that would be so selfish of me when I have 2 healthy boys. If God gives us one that's different but I still have alot of scar tissue from both Csecitons so I am doubting I can. I plan to have a hysterectomy in the future from the pain i have still.

deliela999 replied to BabyParks's response:
Thanks! We think she's perfect, but we're a little biased. She gets to meet her pediatrician for the first time this week. I met her while our LO was in the nicu. She was due 10 days before I was and delivered before we escaped the nicu. I really liked her when I met her and the NP we've been seeing instead has been great even with all my silly phone calls. We went from 69 days of 24/7 doctors and nurses to one visit then 2 months before our next appointment.

We thought we only wanted one to begin with. It took injectibles to get pregnant, she had a vanishing twin, then I was so sick the whole time I lost 12 pounds and held there even as my belly grew...though it never got very big. Add all the complications with the delivery and it would be horribly selfish to try again knowing it could all happen again and I wouldn't be able to care for our little princess and she could possibly lose me. We've discussed that if we really feel the need for another in a few years we'll talk about adoption. For now we're just thrilled to have our little girl and enjoying every minute. She has everyone wrapped around her little finger.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to deliela999's response:
Was just reading your posts, and wanted to say WOW! She is SO cute!! So glad that you and her are both well. What an experience to go through. I'm so glad it all turned out well in the end.
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

FrenchBulldogMom replied to deliela999's response:
I'm dying of cuteness overload here! She is so beautiful!!!! I'm so glad that you both are doing fine after all you went through.

I had severe high blood pressure and spent most of the month of June off and on in the hospital before having my twins at 37 weeks. I can't imagine how hard it was for you in your situation.

My daughter Erin is tiny for her age, but not as tiny as your girl. She's 15 lbs at 7 months, and was born at 4lbs 12 oz. Her brother is 18 lbs now after being born at 7lbs 4 oz.

I am loving her little outfit, especially the shoes!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to BabyParks's response:
I am with you about having a hard time complaining about my babies. I am so thrilled to finally be a mom, I let them get away with murder, LOL!

I never saw myself as choosing attachment parenting, but I'm finding out what works for us.

I'm glad to hear that your boys are doing well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC for almost 2 years with 2 blighted ovums 04/08 at 10 weeks that was passed naturally after 2 agonizing days and another at 8 weeks 05/09 passed wi...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.