Skip to content
1st U/S today!!
mrs62610 posted:
6wks 3days today and we had our 1st U/S!! Just one and he/she looks like a little blob! They saw the fetal pole and the heart beat and they said every thing looked great! I was measuring 6wks 1 day but was close enough. My right ovary is still enlarged and there is still fluid around both ovaries. I was told it's normal and that is causing alot of my discomfort. I'm so happy!!! Going back next week to see the RE for a follow-up and another U/S!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. 1st U/S on Feb. 25th EDD 10/18/13

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
That's GREAT! YAY!! My little one still looked like a blob at nine weeks - then 13 weeks finally looked like a little person! haha! I'm so happy for you! I bet you guys are just overjoyed to know everything looks great! Congrats!

My 17 week u/s is this thursday in the afternoon. My husband.. well.. no, I decided we are going to find out the sex! My husband is going along with it because I told him it's only fair since last time we did it his way. We are going to rotate children! Next time he gets his way again! Lol! So I will update you on thursday with the finding!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Yeah it's so cool having a picture!! It's nice to have more physical proof! Lol

I'm glad you guys agree on finding out! It does seem like the fair way to go. I'll be waiting to hear from you on Thursday!!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. 1st U/S on Feb. 25th EDD 10/18/13

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
U/S went great! I decided that we wouldn't find out the sex just yet, since it's not completely accurate. We have the 20 week growth scan soon (3 to 4 weeks) and my husband will be able to make it to that so we will find out together then!

Baby looks great, HR is great @ 17 weeks. I felt him/her move the other day when I was laying in bed. That was neat! Excited for the baby to get bigger so I can feel him/her move more! I'm showing a lot more now. Im so chesty though that my belly still isn't even as big as my "upper area" haha. I'm not overweight, just overly blessed in that area (and I hate it). So I feel like I just look fat! Ugh! But it depends on what I wear. Some things are more flattering others!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

Glad to hear everything is going so well! I can't wait until I don't just look bloated anymore! Also, looking forward to feeling movement! I'm 7 weeks today and starting to feel more crappy. Still haven't thrown up though. Hoping I don't!!!

I'm large in the chest myself so it will probably be quite awhile before my belly sticks out farther than my chest. I did put on almost ten pounds over the course of all the treatments and I think it was all in my chest! I went from a 34DD to a 36F. I've never had a problem being bigger there but I don't think I want to be any bigger!

I have gone to trying to be as comfortable as possible. I've been wearing alot of my husband's shirts because they are looser than most of mine. When it gets warm I'll probably go with alot of t-shirts. Tomorrow we are going to get me some yoga pants!! Some days I am so bloated that even using a hair tie on the button of my jeans doesn't help much!

So you know my pain! lol! Im a 36 DDD. I just want my baby bump to look cute! haha

I know what you mean about being comfortable. I love my maternity pants that I got from Motherhood Maternity. The ones in the past just had a few inch strip of elastic for the growing belly. The new ones have are more comfortable I think they have really stretchy thin material that goes all the way up the belly, and it so much more comfortable. I love them!

no1phillygirl responded:
Lurking: Congrats on being preggo and having a great ultrasound. By the way, I read your other post about being anxious. i did 4 oe cycles, 1de cycle. 1de fet(resulted in my baby girl). I didn't relax completely until the baby was out. I had 4 losses so when I got pregnant this last time I was nervous everyday all day . I did relax a slight bit after my baby shower at 8 mths . I was going to the bathroom many times a day to check if there was blood. I still to this day look at the toilet paper when I wipe(Eliza is almost 11 mths). I wish you a happy and healthy 9 mths.
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

mrs62610 replied to no1phillygirl's response:
Thank you! The brown discharge has been happening on and off for a week now and I have never seen even a hint of pink in it so I think, so far, all is well. We have another U/S on Tuesday and if that one looks good too then I will feel alot better! I understand how it becomes second nature to always check the TP!! I already do it! I know I will not relax 100% until my LO is out here with us. Thanks for sharing your experience!

When is your next u/s Mrs? My growth scan and next appt is not for another three weeks. Wish it was sooner but that's how the scheduling worked out! I will be 21 weeks when we find out the sex. I can't believe I'm already almost 18 weeks pregnant!! I wish I could feel movement more! Not sure why I'm not feeling it much yet. Maybe because baby just isnt that big yet.

My next U/S is tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon. I also get to meet with the RE for a follow-up.

I hope you start to feel him/her soon! That has got to be an amazing feeling!! I can't hardly wait for that! You are almost half-way to the end!

DH and I have been thinking and are leaning towards going with a midwife. I want to talk with my RE first before deciding officially but it seems like the right thing for me. I mentioned it to my mom this morning and she didn't seem too thrilled about it which surprised me a little. I just hope if I decide to go this route that people don't look at me funny when I say "Well, my midwife told me.....". Some people seem to have the idea that midwives only do at-home births and are not well trained. I think that it all depends on your personal preference and birth plan and I don't think there is anything wrong with either dr or midwife. In fact, I was all set for an OB before I did some research and thought about what I wanted for a birth plan, then decided a midwife might better suit me. Sorry, just had to share that with someone who I know won't judge me either way!

Awesome! I will look for an update with your next u/s!

I think whatever you feel most comfortable with, is what you should do! This is your life and your experience. Midwives are perfectly cabable of doing their jobs. I have liked all my OB's so far (have had three). I've known people that use midwives in a more medical setting, or use them at home. I personally would never have a chlid in my home because I have learned about almost every single complication that can accompany childbirth, and I want to be in a hospital. I'm pretty sure that you can use a midwife in the hospital though and you don't have to be at home. I think you and your DH have to decide what is best for you, and especially you will have to be comfortbale with your birthplan. Just so you know though, many times women have a birth plan but when it actually happens and they experience the pain, the birthplan changes. I have had two epiderals that were perfect and made my deliveries to both the babies absolutely amazing. Both times I handled the contractions just fine and got dilated to a 6-7 and then had a epideral for the pushing - and it was perfect. I'm planning on doing that again. But everyone is different and I know many women perfer not to have epiderals because of the risks. In my opionion, risks in the medical feild are generally slim, but people hear the bad stories and tend to worry more than necessary. My mom had seven epiderals (eight kids) and never had a single ill effect. My birthplan is basically what I just described and hopefully everything for me will go as easy and perfectly as the other two. But you have to weigh all your options and decide what is best for you.

I'm going to birth at the hospital. I know I would never be able to relax at home, I would be worrying about something going wrong. I am planning on going with the flow as far as birth goes. If the pain is bearable then I will wait on the epidural if I can. If I need it I won't feel bad about getting one. I would like to avoid (just one example) an episiotomy, and figure a midwife will not pressure me to have one unless medically necessary. Just knowing my personality if I'm under alot of stress and in pain I may be more easily persuaded into more if I had an aggressive OB. I wouldn't want to regret something later that I may have been able to avoid if I had been mentally/emotionally stronger. With a midwife she will know my preferences and hopefully be less likely to push for things that I may not need and encourage me to hold out.

Good thinking! I had an episostomy with the first, and didn't have one with the second. I don't really remember there being any difference, maybe just a little more discomfort with the first, but it wasn't bad. I have never even taken the narcotics offered me after childbirth. I've just taken the ibuprofen!

Ok, so I talked to my RE and he said he wasn't dead set against a midwife but his suggestion would be an OB. He said with IVF it automatically makes you somewhat higher risk. I told him I wasn't 100% decided and was waiting to talk to him about it. I will probably go ahead and go with an OB. If he feels better about it then I trust him.

Susan1777 responded:
Just checking to see how your 2nd u/s went. Hope everything is right on schedule where it should be, and that it's feeling more real for you .
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married for 7 going on 8 years. We have a wonderful, smart little boy who is 6 going on 25. After a bout with infertility we now ha...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.