Skip to content
Still in shock!
kittykatjenn posted:
Hi all! My name is Jenn. I have dabbled on the other boards for a few years now. DH and I have been TTC for going on 9 years. I have been taking Clomid and doing some surgeries and such but my doc passed away a few months ago. So I was going to my doc before my fertility doc. See, I haven't ever done IVF or anything because I just can't afford it. If Clomid didn't work then it was nothing for us. My last cycle of Clomid was to be this month.

Yesterday morning I took an hpt just to show it would be neg like the one I took the 25th. That way my doc would jump start me so I could do my last cycle. I was in shock when those 2 lines showed up! I knew I felt kinda weird, but nothing too unusual for me. I am around 6 weeks right now and I can't believe it! I go for an ultrasound on the 28th. Tomorrow I am going in so that my new doc (my old doesn't do babies anymore) can check my hcg levels. I am really nervous about that! I just am so excited and shocked!

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Wow! Thats a long time to TTC! Congrats!! It doesn't seem real at first, but when you get to see the "little bean" and hear the heartbeat it will be more real! How are you feeling? I'm in the second trimester now and feeling much better than in the first! Hopefully we can all go through our pregnancy journeys together! Keep us posted on your levels!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

mrs62610 responded:
That is a long time!! Glad you finally got your BFP! I agree with Leah, it doesn't feel real at first. I'm still trying to get it to fully sink in and I'm almost 8 weeks! Let us know when you get your results!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. 1st U/S on Feb. 25th EDD 10/18/13

Susan1777 responded:
Wow!!! Congrats Jenn!! I remember your name from when I was on the fertility boards for 5 years, that's incredible news!! After your u/s it'll seem more real, but to be honest, it didn't feel real to me until I felt my daughter move, and that was 4 months in, lol. Wishing you a great u/s and a H&H 9 months!!!
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

kittykatjenn replied to Susan1777's response:
Thanks all! I'm feeling pretty good. I am super tired and hungry all the time, even if I have just eaten. I have been a little nauseous here and there, but nothing bad. I have had a little bit of cramping, but nothing to be worried about. I really have felt this way for about 2 1/2 weeks or so now but didn't put it together. I just figured I was late or the cycle didn't work. I can't wait for my appt. on the 28th. I will feel so much better and it will make it real!

no1phillygirl responded:
I remember you. Congrats! My OB/gyn passed away in July of 2011 the month I did my fet. I found out when I called for my first appt. he died of a heart attack at 49 y.o. Crazy. I wish you an easy h& h 9 mths
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kim (37)DH Barry (37) we where ttc for 3.5 years, we have unexplained infertility. We did 3 IUI's with clomid with no luck. We where fi...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.