Skip to content
Update
kittykatjenn posted:
I got my 2nd level back and it was at 1293! That is almost triple! My doc wants me to come in for a u/s on the 19th at 1pm to check for viability and a heartbeat. Is that a normal thing? I mean, they originally set me up to have a u/s on the 28th cuz they said they don't do them before 10 weeks.

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Wow! That's a great level! Congrats! I wouldn't worry.. your Dr is just being thorough and wants to make sure eveything looks good. Your levels have to be a certain level for the baby to show up on u/s and since your levels are raising he will be able to see the baby sooner. How are you feeling? You must be so excited! Do I have it right that you've been trying for nine years? This must seem unbelievable to you!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

mrs62610 responded:
Wonderful!! Congrats! Like Leah said, don't worry about the u/s. It's great that your dr is staying on top of things and checking on your progress! Good luck and keep us updated!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. 1st U/S on Feb. 25th EDD 10/18/13

kittykatjenn replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Yep Leah, 9 years. I'm feeling fine....but this morning I feel really sick at my stomach. I drank a glass of water and it just isn't sitting well with me! I had a bit of a busy night at work last night and was on my feet going and it will be the same tonight. Thye don't know yet.....but I almost told them just so I could sit down!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
I know how that goes! I work night shift too. The first trimester was so miserable for me. I had lots of different infections (uti, yeast, etc) and then I threw up alot. My shifts are 13 hrs and I would work all night and I would throw up in the bathroom and not be able to keep anything down. So glad thats over!!! haha! I have felt so much better since around 11-12 weeks! I told people at work before I even told people at church because of how miserable felt and the constant trips to the bathroom!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

I almost said something today, but I decided not to. I have quite a dangerous job....I work at a jail. So I am a bit concerned, but I have told 3 of my really good friends and they are watching out for me. If all goes well on the 19th I will probably say something. But when I do it is nothing but sitting in a room by myself! On another note, I was pretty proud of myself tonight. I got home and was super hungry so I looked in the pantry. I found a box of mac n cheese. Yum! I opted however for the carrots, cucumbers and lite ranch dressing I took to work last night and didn't get to eat! Yay go me! Oh, and I am obsessed with lemonade right now! Can't get enough of it!

Wow that is a dangerous job! It's good that they will watch out for you.

I ate a bunch of junk in the beginning because I was so nauseous and thats all the sounded good. However, since I've been feeling tons better I have been eating a lot better. I love love salad.. it tastes so good to me. I can't stand fried food and fast food, etc. I am nineteen weeks and haven't gained weight, except maybe half a pound, since nine weeks. I think I gained it all in the beginning. Total weight gain at 19 weeks is seven pounds. I kinda wonder why I haven't gained much lately because I've been eating alot, but since I gained so much in the beginning I think I'm fine.

What does your DH think about all this? Is he excited? Have you told any of you family?

I have been eating some junk, but not too much. I have gained 5 lbs, but that was because I was eating super bad in the few weeks before I found out. Sometimes it is easier that way at work!

DH is really excited. He is going all crazy with the internet research. We have told both our parents and siblings. He told 2 of the girls he works with since he is going to be gone for my upcoming appointments. I also told my best friend and the 3 people at work. I am hoping all turns out well on the 19th and then we will open the gates I guess. My dad is telling random neighbors and grocery clerks!

That's great! I love sharing the excitement with good friends and family. Have you figured out your expected due date? Of course the u/s and Dr will tell for sure, but American Pregnancy Association pregnancy calculator got my due date spot on. But I knew my last menstural period and how long my cycle usually is.

I've been loving feeling my little one move around inside me. It's the coolest most amazing thing.

Keep us posted with how your u/s goes!

Well, when I first got a positive test, according to my LMP I would have been 6 weeks on the 4th. However, a few days later my hcg was only at 441. According to several different charts that would mean I was only 4-5 weeks. So right now I would be 5-7 weeks I think. But, if they were right and I was 6 weeks on the 4th them my estimated due date is the end of October. I just don't know how far along I am! I was having 30 day cycles on the clomid. I tested 5 days late and it was negative. The 4th was 9 days and it was positive. I just don't know if I can go by the numbers accurately or not. I do know that when we go on our 10 year anniersary trip I will be close to 6 months....in Vegas in July! I am crazy!

Wow well the u/s should be able to tell you better how far along you are. 10 ten years this year! That's great! Congrats! It will be 6 years for me this year! The anniversary trip should be interesting!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I just started TTC, post vasectomy-reversal surgery. DH's vasectomy was done 9 yrs ago; reversed (Aug 2010). I've been using a ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.