Skip to content
First u/s!
kittykatjenn posted:
Well......this just got real! I had my first u/s and it went great. I am not as far as they thought. I am only 6 weeks instead of the 8 they thought me to be by now. We saw a fetal pole and sac and a strong heartbeat. I told the lady about all the symptoms I have had and she said that my body just isn't used to hormones so I am feeling it a lot and feeling it really early. I have been having symptoms since about 2-3 weeks I suppose. We got a pic of it and DH wanted to keep it with him at work to show all the ladies he works with. I got hoome and see he has made a copy!

Seeing the heartbeat made this so real for me. I'm still super nervous but I am trying to be optimistic since she said everything looks great. My next appt is on the 28th. I will have labs done and annother u/s I think. I know it is still super early, but we told our parents they could tell people. I just can't keep it in....I'm to excited!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Congrats!! That's SO great!! It does get a lot more real when you get to hear the heartbeat!! I'm so happy for you!

How are you feeling? Did they tell you your due date?
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

kittykatjenn replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Thanks! I got to see the heartbeat, but they said it is still to early to hear it. I am due on Nov. 11. DH is really excited that is Veteran's Day because he is a veteran...lol.

I'm feeling ok. I have a herniated disc in my lower back and the worst thing I can do for it is sit all the time. At my job light duty is sitting. I also can't take my meds anymore so I am starting to hurt pretty good. I am off the next 2 days though so maybe I can get it back to normal!

mrs62610 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
Congrats!!! I'm so glad to hear you got good news!! I hope you feel better after your 2 days off!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. 1st U/S on Feb. 25th EDD 10/18/13

Leah25Brooke2 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
Oh shucks! Sorry about your back! Enjoy your two days off!
Me(26) DH(29) DD 3.5 TTC 2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13

Yea, it isn't any fun. I laid in bed and watched shows on my dvr all day yesterday though, so it feels better. Today I get to do a bunch of homework and a midterm exam!

Oh, my doc's nurse called yesterday. She said he looked at the u/s and said everything looked great and I was 6 weeks and 4 days. He said he doesn't need to see me now on the 28th and wants me in on April 11th instead. I'm excited everything looked great, but it makes me nervous that it is so far off!

Oh I know what you mean! I had gotten a BFP in December of 2011 and was so excited, but started bleeding and lost the baby a few days later. So the next year when I finally got another BFP in Nov 2012 I was so nervous.. and my Dr didn't want to see me at all until I was nine weeks!! Waiting and wondering if everything is normal or not was such a killer.

It's really a good sign though that everything looks so good and they aren't feeling the need to see you a lot. Hang in there and enjoy the fact that you're going to be a momma this year!!!

I'm getting so excited seeing babies and looking a little newborn outfits. I've got 20 weeks left and I know they will fly by. We've got a lot to do before the baby gets here!! We find out the sex on Tuesday.

Yay! I can't wait to find out, but I have a while to go! I want to look at stuff but I'm just so scared I will jinx myself or something!

Haha! I know what you mean! I've bought a couple little boy outfits because I think the baby is a boy. I am going to be so shocked if it's a girl! But still happy of course! ha! I'd rather find out it's a girl now then in the delivery room.. time to adjust to the new thought. lol (I had to convince my DH that we could find out the sex before the baby is born)

mrs62610 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
That sucks that they moved your appt back! I hate waiting! Glad you are feeling better though!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. 1st U/S on Feb. 25th EDD 10/18/13

I had a friend and him and his wife were told they were having a girl. Painted and decorated the room and bought everything. Came out a boy though!

I've heard stories like that too! I think it's more of an exception than the rule though. They usually get it right.. but sometimes I think they tell you too early. I don't know when your friend had the sonogram, but not all the parts are there too early! I have a friend who was also told it was a girl but it was a boy. I'm in the medical feild.. and am going to be looking for the proof either way myself! lol I had a boy 6 years ago and they got it right.

Okay. Can I please vent to you ladies for a second? Me and my MIL have had a rocky relationship lately. She has not acted excited for one second about the fact that I'm pregnant or having a baby. She never asks anything about how I'm doing, and when I say something about my baby/pregnancy, she usually doesn't respond. But today she did ask me something. "Is there a neonatal intensive care unit close by where you will be delivering?" Okay. What the hell? I am not a high risk pregnancy and have delivered two babies with absolutely NO complications whatsoever. Am i being over draumatic to be somewhat pissed off by this?? I know maybe I'm being hard on her because she's had a tough time with her daughters because they've never been able to have their own kids. Her daughter is doing her 5th IVF in a week or so and so maybe she's just stressed that it will fail, again. But I can't help but think, seriously? You take no interest, have no excitement about another grandchild.. but you ask about a NICU. thanks.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Sorry ladies.. I've been trying to figure out how to delete my rant.. but I can't. haha sorry!

No need to delete....that is why we are all here! To hear and share the good and rant when needed!

I can't really say what she is thinking, but maybe the stress of her daughters is causing her to say things without thinking. I know when my SIL was pg my MIL just kept saying all things come to those who wait and my time was coming and blah blah. It made me so angry. Especially when she wouldn't support my decision to not go to a baby shower or someting. I just don't think she thought it through. Now she won't leave me alone! Hopefully she will get excited and stop being such a downer!

Spotlight: Member Stories

After almost 3 years of trying, doing many meds, IUIs, and a failed IVF, we conceived on our own!! Due with our first May 10th. 20 week u/s Dec. 27th,...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.