Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Discomforts... but it's worth it :)
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Well, I have posted how absolutely excited I am.. so now I'd like to say.. that boy am I getting uncomfortable!! I can't believe I used to worry about wanting a belly.. LOL. I feel like the last month I have just "popped" and thats what other people say about me too. I love having a cute bump.. but it kinda hurts honestly! I have to bend and stoop alot at work and that sucks, luckily I don't work full time. I have been having heartburn and thats uncomfortable but the main thing is just getting used to my big ole belly that keeps getting bigger. I love it, but it really is pretty uncomfortable! I just kinda want to sit and do nothing. haha. And I'm only 26.5 weeks!! I have a lot of time left and I'm going to get SO much bigger I know! It's been years ago that I was pregnant.. and then I didn't have a job and or another child, so needless to say I slept alot. haha! I love feeling her move all the time. It really is just so neat. I'm trying to prepare myself for the fact that the third trimester is coming and the discomforts are going to multiply.. and I live in KS where we had record high temperatures last year (100 and up every day) so I'm hoping to find a good swimsuit (could one possibly fit by that point? lol) and chill at the pool and enjoy the inside air conditioning this summer!

One other thing that kinda bothers me is that I told a few of my friends that I thought my baby was a boy. Well it wasn't really a preference, it was just that I really just thought it was a boy. I thought my daughter was a boy too! Of course I'd love to have a boy someday, but now I feel like people think I'm not excited about having a girl! Which I totally am beyond excited!! So if I have another baby I'm keeping my mouth shut one way or the other! My DH's ex girlfriend (who we are somewhat friends) just found out she's having a boy and they seemed hesitant to tell me it was a boy. It doesn't bother me at all and I hate that people think it does!! If that makes sense.

Hope you ladies are doing great!!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 responded:
Sorry you are so uncomfortable already! I hope it doesn't get a lot worse! I am uncomfortable when I sleep because of trying to stay on my side. I normally sleep on my back or stomach but now I can't do either!! Hopefully the summer won't be too bad for you! At least your LO will be here before it gets super hot! I'm thankful to be self-employed and work in air conditioning, so I can pretty much set the temp where I need it. (Within reason, of course Lol)

I have been hesitant to say what I think ours is for that reason. I'm afraid if I say I think it's one or the other that people will think that's what I want. DH and I both think it's a boy, but we don't really have anything to go on other than that's what we think. However we will be ecstatic no matter what the sex! I understand where you are coming from and it's annoying that everyone takes what they want from everything you say!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Yes it is so hard to sleep on your side! Even with my belly, I wake up multiple times a night to reposition! That is nice you will have the AC and can crank it up as much as you want!

So you know what I mean about the sex thing. I didn't have a prefence either way, but because I mentioned I thought it was a boy, people think I'm disappointed it's a girl, which I absolutley am not! So learn from me, which you already figured it out anyway, and don't tell people what you think the baby is!

How are you feeling as a whole? The second trimester treating you well? I know from your other post that you had a couple panic attacks, I'm sorry about that. Hopefully that won't happen again.

I'm 27 weeks today, so this is my last week in the second trimester. I can't believe that the time has gone by so fast. Luckily I still have a few more months. We still have a lot to do. My DH is kind of annoying me at this point. He keeps saying "we have time" to get things more ready... and I'm like ... uhh... at most only 13 weeks at this point. I know the time will fly!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Yep! I'm definitely not saying anything to anyone about what I think the sex is!

Over all I'm feeling good. The headaches are happening less often, I have a little more energy and I'm starting to feel movement! Today right after eating lunch LO started fluttering around all over the place. It lasted only 10 minutes or so but I was sure it was LO this time! I haven't had another panic attack so far, so that's good! I would say that this trimester is so far much better than the 1st!

You are almost 2/3 of the way there!!!! It's so exciting!! I can't believe how fast pregnancy is going!! Sorry your DH is lagging behind. I understand how you feel, it would be nice to have everything done well before the DD so you don't have to worry about anything at the last minute.

I talked to my mom earlier today about the shower, that was cool. Talking about baby stuff always makes this seem more real! I think we are shooting for September. We had thought about waiting and having a shower after LO is here so we know the sex but I hate to wait to long and start running into Thanksgiving and all the end of year holiday stuff.
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

You're a smart girl! Smarter than me! haha

I'm glad you are feeling better this trimester! Second was so much better for me than the first - for sure!!

That's so cool about movement. It's so amazing. Just wait till DH can feel your LO! My DH felt her again last night and it was so fun to watch the expression on his face (a happy goofy grin

I understand about the shower! It will be nice to have that done before the holidays, and you can get alot of essentials for your LO.

I can't wait to see a goofy grin on my DH's face!! Right now he just tries to rub and talk to LO!

Hope you have a great Mother's Day!! Are you doing anything special for it?

We are going to church like we always do on Sundays! They pass out flowers to all the mothers. It's really nice. We will probably stop by our in-laws too. Earlier in the week my DH took me to dinner for mother's day. Are you doing anything? This is so special for you, it's your first mothers day as a mom!

That sounds nice! We went to church also and had lunch with my in-laws, then went down Sunday afternoon and had dinner with my family.

I felt a little weird about actually celebrating Mother's Day for myself since I don't actually have a child yet. I was reading something on FB the other day and there was a question of whether mother's-to-be should get to celebrate and a whole bunch of people were saying no because it's about actively being a mom and so on, so that kind of made me feel weird about it. My mom got me a really nice picture frame that says "Family.....what happens when two people fall in love". Next year will be great!!

Well... I dunno! You're still obviously a mother, your child is just unborn. I love my little girl thats inside of me, so I celebrated loving my DD and my LO thats not born yet. It's exciting I think to be expecting on mother's day because you are actively creating life. I think it's cool. I loved being preggers this mothers day. So awesome.

I'm just extremely sensitive right now I guess. Little things like that bother me even though normally they wouldn't.

I'm looking forward to the holiday weekend coming up, we are going to work on getting the house ready for LO! We'll have 2 whole days to focus on it!

I can understand that.

Oooo!! I'm jealous! There's so many things we need to do! And only 12 weeks left! eeekkk!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 40 and DH is 42. We have a singleton due on 11/15/10. It was a DE FET cycle.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.