Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TTC 2 years plus just got + hpt yesterday!
Chucktowngirl posted:
Hi ladies! My dh and i have been ttc for over 2 years now. I have a dd who i 3 and a half now. I am going in on Monday to confirm this pregnancy and get an ultrasound to date it. Since i have pcos i am not sure when i could have conceived my last period was in Feb. I am so excited but this doesn't feel real yet. Anyone else feeling that way or did at first? And i am so nervous and anxious that something is wrong or it was a false positive. ugh! this will be the longest weekend ever!

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I'm pretty sure false positives are very rare unless you were taking a medication that would cause a false positive. So I'm going to say CONGRATS! And welcome! It does take awhile for everything to feel real! Keep us posted!!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 responded:
Hello! Congrats on your BFP!!! I understand having to wait all weekend, I also had to do that when I finally got a positive. I totally felt that way for awhile in the beginning! I'm now 17 weeks today actually, showing and feeling some movement so it's feeling real now! I was worried just like you and was nervous even after they confirmed it. It just felt weird telling people when I didn't really feel any different! Good luck getting through the long weekend and I hope to hear an update on Monday!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

samie_77 responded:
Probably not a false positive, as they are rare. I think most "false positives" are people reading evaporation lines. As long as you read your test in the time it says, I saw CONGRATULATIONS!! I just got my BFP today! GO US!!

mrs62610 replied to samie_77's response:
Congrats on your BFP!!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Chucktowngirl responded:
Thanks ladies! i ended up in the er for the some pain i was having and they confirmed it! i am now 12 2! got my first ob appointment today! oh and in the er i got to see the gummy bear and see its heartbeat!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Chucktowngirl's response:
Yay! Congrats!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to samie_77's response:
Congrats!

mrs62610 replied to Chucktowngirl's response:
Congrats!! Glad to hear it's all good!

mrs62610 replied to samie_77's response:
Congrats! Welcome to the community!

kittykatjenn replied to mrs62610's response:
Congrats!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful