Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TTC 2 years plus just got + hpt yesterday!
Chucktowngirl posted:
Hi ladies! My dh and i have been ttc for over 2 years now. I have a dd who i 3 and a half now. I am going in on Monday to confirm this pregnancy and get an ultrasound to date it. Since i have pcos i am not sure when i could have conceived my last period was in Feb. I am so excited but this doesn't feel real yet. Anyone else feeling that way or did at first? And i am so nervous and anxious that something is wrong or it was a false positive. ugh! this will be the longest weekend ever!

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I'm pretty sure false positives are very rare unless you were taking a medication that would cause a false positive. So I'm going to say CONGRATS! And welcome! It does take awhile for everything to feel real! Keep us posted!!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 responded:
Hello! Congrats on your BFP!!! I understand having to wait all weekend, I also had to do that when I finally got a positive. I totally felt that way for awhile in the beginning! I'm now 17 weeks today actually, showing and feeling some movement so it's feeling real now! I was worried just like you and was nervous even after they confirmed it. It just felt weird telling people when I didn't really feel any different! Good luck getting through the long weekend and I hope to hear an update on Monday!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

samie_77 responded:
Probably not a false positive, as they are rare. I think most "false positives" are people reading evaporation lines. As long as you read your test in the time it says, I saw CONGRATULATIONS!! I just got my BFP today! GO US!!

mrs62610 replied to samie_77's response:
Congrats on your BFP!!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Chucktowngirl responded:
Thanks ladies! i ended up in the er for the some pain i was having and they confirmed it! i am now 12 2! got my first ob appointment today! oh and in the er i got to see the gummy bear and see its heartbeat!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Chucktowngirl's response:
Yay! Congrats!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to samie_77's response:
Congrats!

mrs62610 replied to Chucktowngirl's response:
Congrats!! Glad to hear it's all good!

mrs62610 replied to samie_77's response:
Congrats! Welcome to the community!

kittykatjenn replied to mrs62610's response:
Congrats!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!