Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DH is so funny!!
mrs62610 posted:
Ok, so when my husband and I were thinking of baby names (we have had names picked out for more than 2 years) I told him I liked the name Harley for a girl (jury's still out on spelling). He said we could use Harley as long as the middle name would be Quinn. I thought it sounded ok to me but I did ask him why he was so adamant about the middle name. He waved it off like no big deal, said he just thought it went well with the first name. (To fill in, my DH is a total geek, should of been a clue.) So today I was looking through threads on another site and someone had the screen name HarleyQuinn, I thought "oh that's cool". Then someone said "Oh, I always liked Harley Quinn!". I proceeded to google the name and figured out it was the Joker's sidekick in the Batman animated series and comics. I should have known that because I watched it as a kid and recognized her picture when I looked it up but somehow the name never stuck with me. I started laughing when I put it all together!!! I should have known that it had to with a character from something!! (He is also into Anime)

Anyway, I just texted DH and told him that I figured it out. I'm not mad about it, in fact I think it's hilarious. It's kind of cool to think that our daughter's name (if we have a daughter) came from something that my DH is very fond of. It doesn't matter that she was a villain! Haha!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Chucktowngirl responded:
I love it i never thought about Harley but ohh i love Quinn its a great nuteral name too. I had a friend in primary school that was a guy named Quinn. We too have had names picked out for 2 plus years. While i was in the er and they confirmed my pregnancy my great grandmother died. she raised me and everyone else that came before me. So now i am going to change it up and use her first name as a middle name if we have a girl. Btw my husband is a complete dork too. "665 geeks

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Haha! That's so funny! Cool name too, I love it! I wish my DH would just say a name he likes - all he does is reject mine!!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 replied to Chucktowngirl's response:
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. That's nice that you are going to use her name. My SIL used her 2 great-grandmother's names and her grandmother's name (her grandmother raised her also) by combining 2 into 1 and using the other as a middle.

Quinn wouldn't have been my first choice but it's cute as a middle name.

I have a t-shirt that says "I (heart) geeks". DH likes when I wear it! We like to watch The Big Bang Theory together because he resembles most of the characters! It's funny too because he gets the science jokes even before they get to the punch line!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

samie_77 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
My DH is the same way! Last time we only had a girl name, and luckily ended up having a girl. This time we only have a boy name...hopefully we have a boy, but I'll take either

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
When we were picking out names I had to tell him either he gave me some input on actual usable names or I was going to pick some out and we would use them!! Other than that name he thinks it's funny to come up with strange names that I would never wish on a child! Fredweena (totally made up), Vlad, etc. you see what I mean.....he's such a goofball.

samie_77 replied to mrs62610's response:
My husband wants to name a boy ELMER !! After his grandfather I don't think there can be a worse name.

mrs62610 replied to samie_77's response:
Hahaha! I suppose if he was adamant you could use it as a middle name. I definitely wouldn't use it for a first!!

kittykatjenn replied to mrs62610's response:
Too funny! I like the name a lot. It sounds like something my DH would do! He popped up with a lot of comic book names when we were talking about it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married for 7 going on 8 years. We have a wonderful, smart little boy who is 6 going on 25. After a bout with infertility we now ha...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.