Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hey Girls!
kittykatjenn posted:
I have been kinda MIA lately! I am 16 weeks as of yesterday and I am showing. To the point that a woman said good luck with the baby and I didn't know her and said nothing about even being pregnant. Just passed her in the store. My best friend got so much organized and moved for me so that was wonderful. Things seem to be falling into place. School starts tomorrow and I need to get all good and ahead since it is only a 4 week class.

I have been feeling really good except heartburn. All day yesterday I had it right at the top of my stomach and it just wouldn't go away. Tums didn't help, milk didn't help...nothing! It is better today though. It is probably my fault though because I made some spicy tacos the night before! Hope everyone is doing fantastic!

mrs62610 responded:
Glad things are going well! Isn't it cool to finally be showing?!! I like that I don't just look like I've been eating too much anymore! My DH loves rubbing "Little Doo" and I love that he talks to him/her and really seems excited! I haven't had any strangers say anything yet. Lol I'm sure I'm just lucky.

Sorry about the heartburn. I haven't had that yet, just a lot of hip and leg pain at night. I'm still experimenting with different pillow placement and haven't gotten the right one yet.

Hope you had a nice weekend!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

kittykatjenn replied to mrs62610's response:
Well, my heartburn has turned into nausea!

I think DH is still kinda shocked about it all. He doesn't really say much about it. When he does though he seems excited.

As for leg/hip pain I haven't really had that...at least not pregnancy related. My back makes my hips hurt usually so I am used to it. Hopefully you can find a comfy position!

mrs62610 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
Oh no! I would think the heartburn would be easier to deal with than the nausea. Of course neither is great.

I've had hip pain in the past so I'm not surprised they have started bothering me a lot. I've also had experiences with sciatica, hopefully that won't be a problem later.
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Wow! You are farther along that I realized! Yay for showing! I'm glad you are getting things organized. I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and still have things that need to be done! But most of the baby stuff is organized.

I can relate with the heartburn. I've had it since about 15 or 16 weeks too, but Tums helps mine. And yogurt helps too. Sorry to read though that it's turned into nausea! Yuck! Hang in there!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are 32, and were trying to conceive for over 2 years with unexplained infertility. We did 4 fresh IVF cycles and 2 FETs, had lots of ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.