Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ATT76
Mrs62610 posted:
How is your cycle going? I've been wondering about ya!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

att76 responded:
Hey there! Hope everything with you is going well. I haven't been on here for a few weeks, so not really sure what is going on with everyone.

My cycle is almost complete I go in tomorrow (6/6) for ET. I had 8 eggs retrieved and all 8 were fertilized. DH and I were super excited!! How many eggs did you have? How long did you wait before you could do a test?

Mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
Ahhh!!! I'm so excited that you are finally getting to do your cycle! 8 eggs!!! Yay!!

They only retrieved 3 eggs (I had more but we only planned to try and fertilize 2, so he picked the best 3). They did ICSI on 2 and one didn't complete fertilization so we only had 1 embryo to transfer. I had my ER on Friday 1/25 and the ET on Monday 1/28. I had to do 3 hCG boosters and the last one was on Sunday 2/3. They said if it had not been for the booster I could have gone in on Friday 2/8 (2 weeks post retrieval) and had a blood test. To be safe they told me to come in on Monday 2/11 for the blood test. I couldn't help myself and started testing on 2/6 (translates to 12DPO) and I got a faint positive. I freaked out wondering whether it was from the booster or if I was really pregnant so I tested every day until Monday with 1-2 tests each morning (dollar tree and first response early result lol). They kept getting darker! I was keeping DH posted daily and he said just to wait for the blood test and that he wasn't getting excited until they confirmed it yadda, yadda, yadda.....! And here we are!!

Anyway, I hope that all made sense! Please keep me posted!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

att76 replied to Mrs62610's response:
Went in for ET yesterday and they transferred 2 eggs. I will go back on 6/18 for blood test. I am not feeling anything different so i don't know if that is a good sign or a bad one!

Just thought I would let you know!

2ww here I come!!!!

I'll be counting down the days!! I felt so crappy after the retrieval and my ovaries were huge for weeks and hurt but I can't say that I felt any different otherwise. Around a week or so after the transfer I didn't feel different but I had a terrible time finding what I wanted to eat. It turned out I REALLY wanted French fries!! Haha! Wishing you the best of luck these next 2 weeks!

Thanks! I'll let you know in 2 weeks!

I'm so anxious for you!!!! Praying for good news!!!!!

Well the urine test came back negative! They did do blood also and were going to test that also, but I am not holding my breath for that to be anything different! I kind of thought it was going to be negative, I just wasn't "feeling it"! I actually have taken the news really well, I think I am so used to disappointment that this was just one more time! Not sure what will be next...possible another IVF cycle but not for sure! DH and I did talk about it a little bit on the way home, but not sure what the ultimate outcome will be!

How are you feeling?

I'm so sorry! I wish I could give you a hug!! I am glad to hear though that you are doing well despite the outcome. I hope you can do another cycle if that's what you want!

I'm doing well. We had our anatomy scan on the 7th, all is well with LO also. We stuck to our guns and didn't find out the sex but DH and I both are thinking possibly boy.

Keep me posted and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Glad to hear everything is going well with you! My DH and I don't want to find out the sex either! So stick to those guns!!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! Today seems to be a little worse than yesterday, but I am trying to just focus on things I want to get done within my house and enjoy my summer! I will let you know when and if we do this again!

Good luck!

att76 replied to att76's response:
Oh, forgot to mention, we didn't have any eggs to freeze either! I think that was the nail in the coffin for me too! I cried my eyes out after the embryologist called to inform us, everything up to that point had gone SO well!! I am trying not to dwell, but it is both frustrating and heartbreaking!!

I'm sorry you didn't have any to freeze. That would be so frustrating!

I hope you are able to enjoy your summer! I'll be lurking around to hear how things are going with you and whether you decide to try it again. I know just being on here makes you think about everything, so I understand if you need a break, but I will be watching for updates. I'll be here if you just want to vent as well.

Thanks! I will make sure to let you know when I decide to try again.

Best of luck with your pregnancy and getting everything ready!! How fun and exciting!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jen. I have a beautiful 9 year old DD from a previous marriage, and have been married to the true love of my life since Oct 08. DH and I tr...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!