Skip to content
20 weeks today!!!!
mrs62610 posted:
I can't believe I'm half-way there!! It's going by so fast!

LO is moving all over the place! Also, last night DH could feel it for the first time! Yay!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

DJ3122 responded:
Wow !!! That's awesome

I'm 14 weeks but still havn't felt any movement. I wonder when I'll get to feel it !! When did u first feel the movement ?? And when is ur u/s to find out if it is a boy/girl ?? Excited ??

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
WOW! I can't believe that's how far along you are! yay! That's so awesome that DH can feel him/her. My DH could never get her until I was over 6 months! You must have a strong LO!
I bet you look so cute and pregnant now too!
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to DJ3122's response:
DJ! You are getting up there too! You are past the worrisome first trimester! That must feel great! How are you feeling?
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 replied to DJ3122's response:
I first felt movement at 14 weeks 4 days. I wasn't for sure about then though. I had an appointment with my midwife a week or so after and he asked about movement and I said I had been feeling something random. I described it and he said he was sure that was it!! Now I feel it all the time! Sometimes if I press gently I can even get a little jab in response! It's so cool, I love it! From what I've been told, I felt movement earlier than the average person so don't worry if you don't feel it for several more weeks. Hoping you get to though!

My u/s is Friday, June 7th. We aren't going to find out the sex though! We are planning on a surprise. It's driving my family nuts! Lol! I can hardly wait for the u/s just to see LO again! My last u/s was at 9 weeks 3 days and my next one will be at 21 weeks. I'm sure I'll be amazed at how much he/she has grown!

How are you feeling now that you're in the 2nd trimester? I relaxed a lot more once I got where you are.
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I think LO will be an athlete lol! He/She is moving all the time it seems. There will be a lull for short time and then all of a sudden it's party time!! For a long time I could only feel it while sitting down but now it doesn't matter what position I'm in. My DH and I figured that surely there can't be anything to worry about with that much activity!

I seem to be carrying everything right in front in the belly. At my first appointment at 12 weeks I had lost 8 lbs since pre-pregnancy. At 16 weeks I had put back on about 2 lbs. I am curious how much I've gained in the last 4 weeks. I find out Friday!

DJ3122 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I was waiting to start with my second trimester !!! I definitely feel a lot better now, but still have some bad days (I know its going to be worth all the pain). Afterall we all waited for this for a longtime.

I'm waiting for my 16 week appt., just to know everything is okay !!! How r things with u ?? All set ??

DJ3122 replied to mrs62610's response:
It's so cool that u could feel the movement that early in ur pregnancy !! I'm a little overweight so I guess it will take some more time for me, coz they say that the skinnier u are the earlier u would feel the movement.

Nice, that u are planning on a surprise. I don't think I can wait that long. I'm planning to ask my doctor if we can find out on my 16 week appt. !! How come u did not have a scan at 12 weeks ??

mrs62610 replied to DJ3122's response:
I had u/s's at 6, 7 and 9 weeks (We did IVF, I don't know if that made a difference) and everything was moving along perfectly, so I guess they didn't feel the need to do a 12 week u/s. Kind of wish I had another just because I enjoy having the pics! We also opted out of all the extra scans for birth defects. 4 more days until we get to see LO again!!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to DJ3122's response:
Yes it's all worth it!

There's alot more we need to do to get ready. It's stressing me out but we've been dealing with some family siuations that are causing us to be kind of tight financially. My DH is wanting me to wait a little but before we buy all the stuff we need, hoping that things will improve here shortly. I'm definitely hoping they do.

I read you will get an u/s at 16 weeks! I had u/s at 9, 12, 17 and 21 weeks so far. I'm not high risk or anything, thats what they do for everyone! I love the fact that I've been able to see her alot. I'm 31 weeks this week and will have my last u/s at 36 weeks. I saw you are finding out the sex! That will be exciting! That's how I was too - there's no way I could have waited!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
haha! She/he probably will be! That's so fun to feel them so much! My LO is definitley a mover - she's big enough now sometimes it hurts!

Your belly is probably so cute! I gained more in the first, but then not much for awhile in the second. You will probably have a healthy weight by the end! Some people say I'm pretty small for 31 weeks - and I don't think I am that big compared to some - but I'm really tall. I still feel huge though! I go through spurts of gaining then not gaining weight at all. At my last appt I had gained 17 pounds at 29 weeks. I'm still right there a couple weeks later at 31 weeks. I haven't gained anything so far in the third trimester. I think I'm right on track for a healthy weight gain! So much better than with my daughter! If I continue gaining like I have been I will probably be right on track for 25 pounds which is perfect!

An_251165 responded:
Wow!!!!

sounds good!!!
http://www.home-check.net.in/ovulation

I'm hoping I haven't gained too much this month! I feel like I've grown a lot since the last appointment, but like I said it is all right in front. Glad to hear you are on track and doing well! 31 weeks, you're getting close!!!

I've had about an equal amount of people say that I'm looking big and some that say I look tiny for as far along as I am!! I have been ignoring it though since my midwife said that even she can't tell how far along someone is just by looking at their belly. My husband is so cute, instead of saying I'm getting bigger, he just says that Little Doo is getting bigger!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Oh yes! You can't tell how far along a person is just by their belly. Not at all. I am alot taller than most people - that makes a lot of women exclaim that I am "small" for how far along I am - which I'm not really, there is just way more room in my abdomen area than they have! Some of my friends are so short it looks like they swallowed a watermelon - just because there is nowhere for that baby to go - but out!

Don't worry about gaining weight! If I read correctly you have only gained 2 pounds at 20 weeks!. My weight gain is perfect I think so far - and the Dr's tell me it's not much - and I've gained 18 pounds at almost 32 weeks. But you are suppose to gain 25-35 if you were a normal weight before.

One of my friends didn't gain any weight at all until she was 6 months - then she SAYS she gained 45 pounds - but I have NO idea where that weight went if she really gained that because she was tiny right after giving birth! lol

We had our u/s on Friday and saw my midwife. We stuck to our guns and didn't find out the gender! I probably would have caved if my husband hadn't kept me to my word! He/She was sitting way down in my pelvis so the tech had to tip the table way back and wiggle the probe trying to get a face shot.

You read it right. Now I have gained back a almost 3 pounds as of Friday. My midwife wasn't concerned at all about my weight since LO was weighing in at exactly 1 pound. He said as long as I have no health issues and baby is growing on schedule then he throws my weight out the window. I was probably 15-20 pounds over the ideal weight pre-pregnancy so I think that's also why they aren't worried about it.

If that's true about the 45 pounds, then boy she lost it fast!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kim (37)DH Barry (37) we where ttc for 3.5 years, we have unexplained infertility. We did 3 IUI's with clomid with no luck. We where fi...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.