Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LO is moving right along!
Mrs62610 posted:
Had a midwife appointment yesterday and it went great. I'm 25 weeks and I measured 26 so they said that is just fine. I go back on 8/2 at 29 weeks and I also get to do the glucose test then. I did it around 12 weeks and it was no big deal so I'm sure this time it will be fine too. I gained 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks. My midwife said that it was good since I really haven't gained yet and that I may have another substantial gain when I come back next time.

DH and I stopped at Motherhood Maternity after the appointment because I had a coupon and I needed some more tops. They had several sales going on and I still got to use the coupon! I saved a lot and I even got a snoozer body pillow and I LOVE it!!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

kittykatjenn responded:
Yay! Glad everything is going good! I was at Motherhood yesterday. They do have lots of sales and good stuff right now. I like the tops at Target also. I got a bunch of tanks from Motherhood a few weeks ago because we are leaving for Vegas tomorrow so I am all set!

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I like motherhood and Target as well! I got a great deal on a maternity bathing suit from motherhood maternity! It was on sale and it's very cute!

Great about the measuring! They said I was measuring perfect too awhile back. That's good news! And don't worry aout the weight gain! You've got to gain weight to grow a person!

I wish I had gotten some kind of body pillow! I've been using a long regular pillow.. but if I get to do this again, I'm going to get a real body pillow.
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - EDD 8/7/13 - It's a GIRL!!

Mrs62610 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
I haven't looked at target. If I find I need some more stuff I'll have to check that out! Have fun in Vegas!!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I cried a little about the weight on Saturday after I thought about it. I know logically that it's ok and that I will lose it after delivery but it's still hard since I've struggled with keeping my weight down since my teens. I am 5'7" and weighed 168 before and I now weigh 169. I know I will go over 170 but I've never weighed more than 168 in my life. It's just hard to accept, but I'll work through it.

My pillow is shaped like a candy cane! I can hug it or lay my head on it and it will keep me from rolling onto my back. I only wish I had gotten one a few weeks ago! I was afraid it would be around $100 but it was only $60 so that wasn't so bad.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Mrs62610's response:
No, I understand. I've been a stick my whole life, and actually gotten made fun of for how skinny I was. Then it was a shock when I went to college and started to struggle with gaining alot of weight due to a number of reasons. When I got pregnant with my daughter I was 5' 10" and weighed 140 pounds, which is very very skinny. (my weight fluctuated all the time) I don't remember the exact number I weighed at the end of that pregnancy, but it was over 200 pounds. After delivering and after a couple of weeks etc, I weighed 190 pounds. I weighed that for a couple of years. With help, I got back down to 150 - then went back up to 163 - which is where I was when I got pregnant with this LO. I swear to you - the week I conceived I gained four pounds. Then the first trimester I just packed on weight. I think I gained like 9 pounds in the first trimester alone, and I was freaking out. I was so scared to go back to being as overweight as I was, scared of hitting that omnious 200 mark! But what happened was I packed on weight in the very beginning, then didn't gained any for months and months. I've gained a very healthy 22 pounds with three weeks left to go. If I gain a a pound a week I will gain the "perfect" textbook amount of weight for someone whose BMI wasn't considered overweight before pregnancy. BUT.. with all that about ME.. haha.. I understand the inital "oh crap!" of gaining a bunch of weight all at once. Like I said, thats what happened to me in the first trimester - and I was thinking, "crap, if I've already gained this much..." But I bet your body and baby just NEEDED to gain that six pounds.. and I'm sure you won't have an extreme amount of weight gain like I did with my first DD. You are doing really well! You only weight one pound more than you did before you got pregnant! Just remember the weight is for your LO. There has to be some amount of weight gain, and I think you are on track with a healthy weight gain. I know it's hard to watch the scale go up - maybe if it's too hard - just don't look?
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - Induction date Aug 1st - It's a GIRL!!

Thanks for helping me feel better. I am feeling better about it and working on accepting it.

I actually went to L&D last night for some abdominal pain. They think it was my gall bladder. I've had some pain there before but never that severe so I thought it was normal growing/stretching pain. I feel fine this morning and I know LO is ok (kicking up a storm!) so I am glad I went in and got checked. The nurse was trying to put the heart rate monitor on and LO kept kicking it away! It was so funny! I'm not surprised though as it was right at the most active time of the day anyway.

You're going to have a little kickboxer!! LOL! Sorry about the abdominal pain though! Gallbladder pain is no fun. Glad you are feeling better though.
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - Induction date Aug 1st - It's a GIRL!!

I am feeling much better! I have adjusted my diet like my midwife suggested and I haven't had any more pain! Yay!

That's awesome! What a relief!

Spotlight: Member Stories

After 3.5 years of TTC w/a diagnosis of unexplained IF, dh & I have finally conceived with the help of IVF/ICSI and now we are thankfully expectin...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful