Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
One Week Left
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
I have one more week left of pregnancy. So hard to believe. It's just flown by. I'm so excited to meet her. We have everything ready - got a beautiful name we finally agreed on (yay), found a good carseat and everything is in place. One little thing I have to do is sterilize bottles. Even though I was fine without having another shower for this LO, a few of my friends are throwing me a shower tonight. It will be fun - they are calling it an Essentials Shower since I already have alot of clothes from DD. It's sweet of them. I'm feeling good - tired and achy, but all in all feeling well. Last Dr appt the Dr couldn't find my cervix. I'm thinking: oh, great. They had trouble when I was in labor with Brooke. I guess my cervix is really high, then with the position of the baby's head it's hard to find? Not very comfortable when lots of people are checking you during labor trying to see how dilated you are! Hopefully the labor and delivery goes as smoothly as I've experienced before! I really still can't believe how soon she will be here and how fast everything has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was peeing on a million sticks and obsessing about everything little thing every month just wondering, hoping and wishing to get that BFP. Soon she'll be here and our lives will be just a little more complete. Hope everyone else is doing great.
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - Induction date Aug 1st - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 responded:
I've been thinking about you! Now that everything is done you have 1 week to "relax" (if that's possible!) until your next LO gets here! That's nice of your friends to throw you a shower anyway, I'm sure it's very helpful.

I hear you about time flying by! I feel the same as you, it seems like yesterday we were ttc and trying to remain positive. I'm so glad we have been able to move on to the next step.

I've been doing ok. I'm trying to get in to see a chiropractor for my back and hips. It has to be pre-authorized by insurance before they will pay anything. I saw my primary dr. yesterday and he is sending the form off, so I hope it won't be too long before I hear something back.

I hope and pray that everything goes well with the arrival of your little girl and can't wait to hear your birth story!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Thank you!

Are your hips and back giving you alot of pain? I hope they can make it feel better for you.

Time really does fly. You are in the third trimester this week, right? That's so awesome! You are nearly done as well!
How is everything else going for you?
Me(26) DH(29) DD (4) TTC2 16 mos. 5 rounds of clomid - unsuccessful. Natural BFP - Induction date Aug 1st - It's a GIRL!!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
It varies by day how bad the pain is. I actually got up at 4:30 this morning to use the bathroom and I could barely get there because my hips hurt so bad. My back seems to hurt more when I sit for a long time. My dr. said my right shoulder is visibly lower than my left and could be related to the pain in my back. I just hope they approve it quickly and I don't have to wait several weeks before I can actually see a chiropractor.

Yep, I'm officially in the 3rd trimester!!! I'm also way more uncomfortable (more than just the back and hips) now than I was. Only 12 more weeks though! LO is moving more forcefully now too. Sometimes it feels like I'm getting the crap beat out of me! Haha It was so funny last night, DH laid down on the couch and had his head in my lap (what's left of it). LO was already moving around a bunch, but not too long after he laid down baby started kicking him in the head!!

We still don't have the nursery done yet, but Layne said we would get it painted in the next few weeks. We'll see! lol

I'm not really nervous about labor yet. I'm more excited to meet Little Doo! Maybe that's just because I'm a first time mom and na?ve. I hope I stay that way though because I'd rather be blissfully ignorant than freaking out about it!!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Man! That does not sound fun. I really hope you can get in with the chiropractor and get some relief.

Congrats about being in the third trimester! That's happened to us about the LO kicking - it's so funny! Brooke feels it when she sits on my lap and my DH has experienced that too. haha. so funny.

I wasn't nervous with my first either. I am more nervous this time because I'm delivering at a completely different place. I'm hoping its a good experience. Are you delivering in a hospital with a midwife? Are you going to try without an epideral? I do great with the contractions, but I want the epideral for the pushing. I enjoyed not feeling that part. I got to 7cm then got an epideral. It was perfect!

Yeah I will be in the same hospital that my midwives practice in. I am told that one is always on call and they are at the hospital the entire time they are on call. That will be nice knowing that I don't have to worry and wait for someone to call them and for them to get there! I'm going to try it without an epidural but I am remaining open to the possibility of needing one. I like that my midwife will help me to stick with my plan of not having one but is on board if it seems to be necessary. I can't wait to meet LO!! I'm getting more and more excited about D-Day! Your LO will be here VERY soon! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Sounds like a good,open plan! You are getting close!

I've got absolutely everything ready that I can possibly think of. I have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Well, I guess, nesting. Everything is all ready for our little girl. Brooke is SO excited. She's been clapping her hands with excitement today, and saying things like" I love you baby, I love her" It's so cute. I'm getting ready to leave for the hopsital in one hour. They set up the induction time for 8pm so we are leaving around 6. I'm very excited but somewhat nervous with thinking about all the things that could go wrong. haha. Not really nervous, just kind of feeling hopeful that everything goes the way I want! haha! I just want her to be happy, healthy and safe most of all.

That's so cute about your daughter!! It's great that she is so excited!!!

Well! Didn't go as planned! Our LO is stubborn, just like us! She's not ready to make her entrance in the world right now, which is okay! I should have followed my instincts - if you remember back, I was concerned about being induced and was wondering if I should just make the long drive (over an hour and half) in labor. Well, looks like thats what we are going to do afterall!

So the juicy details if you care to read:
Got to the hospital at 8 and checked in, did the admission all that yada yada. (The hosptial is beautiful and the nurses are awesome by the way). They hooked me up and it showed I was having contractions every 4-6 minutes. But I couldn't feel them - obviously not true labor pains. They put the cervadil in at 9:30. I tried to get some rest. Started having strong regular contractions in the night, was up and down and didn't sleep much - the cervical check they did on admission, my cervix was still way back and hard to find - 30-40 percent effaced, soft and not dilated. Well 6 am rolls around and Im really starting to feel the contractions. Then they start the pitocin on top of that. Whew! Pitocin makes your contractions stronger in the first place. So it was four hours of the pitocin (almost maxed out of the amount they can give) - contractions ended up being very strong and 1 1/2 minutes apart. Nurse tried to find cervix - couldn't find it. Dr tried - couldn't find it. Another nurse found my cervix finally (all of that checking hurt so bad!) and I hadn't dilated at all! Dr wanted me to stay and redo the cervadil tonight and do pitocin again in the am! Being a nurse myself (though definitely not an OB nurse) and talking to the nurses, we all knew that obvioulsy my body was not ready to have this baby.. so I convinced them to let me just go home. SO.. I've learned my lesson. I was nervous about inducing and was wishing to just go natural, so I guess I got my wish. It was a hassle and a huge waste to basically labor for nothing. I'm glad my dr let me leave though - because I didn't want to stay and fight and fight and just pump drugs into my body when it wasn't working and my LO wasn't ready. So I feel like I've really learned my lesson, and even though I live almost two hours away, I don't think I will ever try to be induced again. Like all the nurses and I were talking about, it's really way better for your body to just make that transition naturally. Just wish I would have followed my instincts a couple months ago and backed out of the induction then. Live and learn I guess..

Oh my goodness!! I'm sure that's frustrating to be having labor pains and go through all that discomfort just to leave without a baby (so to speak)!!! Looks like it's a waiting game now, huh? Sorry it didn't work out. Maybe your little girl wanted another week or two by herself! Haha I wouldn't feel bad about trying the induction, though, as hindsight is always 20/20. You didn't know it wouldn't work for sure until it didn't.

I found out yesterday that we get to have another u/s!!!! It's scheduled for the 26th, I'll be 32 and a half weeks. Yay!

I think I felt my first Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday. At my appointment the midwife was feeling for LO's position and he stimulated a contraction. (That one I couldn't feel much but I was also lying down) Then, later in the day I would get what felt like a stitch on one side of my abdomen, my entire belly would be hard as a rock and would feel really tight. It didn't necessarily hurt but was uncomfortable to the point that it almost hurt. (if that makes sense) I had quite a few over the afternoon and early evening but after relaxing for awhile they stopped.

Yes! It's hindsight! I should have researched it BEFORE.. and after researching today - I will never try another induction again unless medically necessary! It over doubles your risk of a c section, and worse, it puts your baby at risk because the pitocin stimulates contractions that are much stronger than real contractions, and the baby is at risk for fetal distress and then a emergency section. I can't believe I didn't research beforehand! Oh well. She did great through the whole thing, and I know never to do it again. So now.. I wait!

Oh, good ole braxton hicks! I had never experienced feeling those until this pregnancy! It definitely sounds like you are having some. I've had braxton hicks for months and months with this LO! They didn't start out hurting early on, but have gotten more uncomfortable. I'm actually sitting here having them right now! lol! It's your bodies way of getting ready for labor though, so I guess they are kinda a good thing? And yes! My dr said they increase with activity and die down (usually) with rest. That's one of the ways they are different then true labor!

Yay! Another u/s! That will be so fun! I loved my 36 week u/s! It's so cool to see how big the LO is by that point - to see how much they've grown! You will have to keep me posted!

Did you get in to see a chiropractor? How is your back and hip pain?

kittykatjenn replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Wow! I have missed so much! I can't believe you went through all that and still no LO! Time really does fly by. I can't believe I am already 26 weeks. Seems like it was yesterday I was calling everyone telling them we were finally pg!

And Mrs....ouch! Sorry you are having so much pain. That must be just awful. Hopefully the docs can get it all squared away!

Nothing much to report here. Got her crib set up with the bedding. My neighbors had a garage sale the other day and she has 3 girls. I found lots of cute little outfits that I bought and a lot that still had tags on them! I have been so busy with summer school and trying to finalize a home loan for my mom and get that all figured out that I forget sometimes I am even pg! I feel like I have missed something along the way sometimes. I guess it is all making it go by that much faster though!

Wow! I didn't know it doubled your chances of C-section! Who would have thought though with the amount of women that do get induced?! I'm hoping I don't go so far past my due date that they have to induce. I think that would take away any possibility of me going drug free.

I'm soooo excited about another u/s!!! Just 3 more weeks! I feel like in the last few weeks that I have already started to bond with LO and I'm loving it!! I can't wait to see him/her face-to-face!

My dad is coming this Saturday to paint the nursery. My hubby is just not a painter and my dad has been wanting to help in any way he can. He likes to paint anyway so it's a perfect project for him!

I have an appointment today with a chiropractor!! Just hoping it will give me some relief and will last more than a couple of days.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.