Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Silly worries
kittykatjenn posted:
So, I got to work tonight and one of my Sgts asked me how far along I was. I told her I was 26 weeks today and she looked at me funny and told me I didn't look near big enough to be that far along. She said I was really small for 6 months. I have had quite a few people tell me that same thing. I don't think I am that small, but I have nothing to compare myself to.

So, because so many people are saying that I am starting to worry. My doc told me about the placenta being attached weird and how that can cause growth restriction and so now I am worried. When I went for my last appt a couple weeks ago he said everything looked fine. I know I should just go with that, but I am still worried. A girl on another shift was due just a couple weeks before me and had her baby about 2 weeks ago. She had some issues and they had to take him. He is ok right now, but it is scary.

I guess that it is silly to worry about. I mean, my SIL looked 9 months pg when she was like 4 and a friend back in high school had a stepmom that didn;t show at all until she was about 8 months along. Everyone is different....I just can't help but think something is going to go wrong...

Mrs62610 responded:
I'm sorry you have to deal with people like that. This is exactly why others should mind their own business! They are making you worry more than you would if they kept their mouths shut! If people only knew how much impact they have with the things they say!

I have been hearing from a lot of people that I look small too. I look though at pics of other women at the same stage as me and some look smaller and some look bigger. I'm 29w 3d and in just the last week or two I have grown a lot more and I'm still hearing that I'm too small! I know it's easier said than done but try your best to ignore them! They don't know what they are talking about. I have just been saying as little as possible when I hear things like that. I turn around, roll my eyes and walk away.

Are you going in more often because of the GR potential? Are they doing extra ultrasounds? Just wondering, if they had you come in more often it may help ease your mind a bit better.
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

kittykatjenn replied to Mrs62610's response:
I am trying to ignore it and I have been for the most part. It just started creeping in my mind.

I'm not going in any more than usual, but I do have a US at each appointment. My next appt in 2 weeks I am having another and it is a growth scan. It does help because he has said everything looks great so far. I am just scared one of these times he won't say that!

Mrs62610 replied to kittykatjenn's response:
I totally understand and don't blame you for being worried. That's good that you get an u/s every time! Pretty soon you should be going in every 2 weeks and that should help you feel better also! I know sometimes only going in every 4 weeks would make me worry that something would be wrong. A couple of times I was scared thinking they wouldn't find the HB or something!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

Oh, I am still scared of that every time even though I can feel her moving! She is a night owl though so not so much during the day.

I have also been super exhausted the last few days. Like exhausted when before I even found out and couldn't hardly function! I am just gonna chalk that up to a growth spurt and everything is fine!

I have a constant fear of LO getting the cord wrapped around his/her neck. So, whenever I go along time without feeling anything I start to get really nervous! I was glad when the midwife told me LO is head down because I think that would make it less likely to get tangled. (At least in my mind anyway) Oh, the things we worry about!!

I would mention the exhaustion to your dr. It could be absolutely nothing but I have had a lot of exhaustion lately and I just found out on Monday that I'm anemic. I had all the signs but just never realized it! They put me on a higher dose of iron to fix it.

I will mention that. I actually felt better today. One of my silly worries that I realized tonight is bending over. I wonder if I am squishing her or like, pinching the cord or something. So I try to be all stretched out whenever I am sitting down!

I do that too!! I hate bending over because I'm afraid I'll crush LO! I hope you are still feeling better!

Spotlight: Member Stories

6 rounds of Clomid (spring/summer 2011), Laparoscopy for endo and ovarian cysts (August 2011), Lupron to remove any remaining endo (fall/winter 20...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!