Skip to content
Preterm Labor
mrs62610 posted:
I started having contractions on Saturday the 7th. Thought they were just Braxton Hicks then they continued through Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. After talking to some other people they suggested I call the office. I was also very often having 10-12 in an hour. By Wednesday night some were beginning to be more than just uncomfortable. I called L&D Wednesday and they had me come in. I was monitored for awhile and they checked me and I was 1 cm dilated but cervix was not thinned at all. They sent me home with instructions to call back Thursday if the contractions persisted and/or got worse. Thursday I was still having a lot and had a few more that were causing cramping. I called them back and they had me come back in. I was monitored again and after checking me I was 1 and a half cm dilated and 40% effaced. So, they gave me a shot of something to hopefully stop the contractions. It slowed the frequency a little so they decided to do s 2nd shot. After that they slowed more, and I was discharged. I had more contractions last night after leaving the hospital and have had some today but they are a bit weaker and less frequent. They are hoping the medicine will slow the progression long enough to make it to 36-37 weeks. I'm 35 +1 today. I'm off work today through Tuesday at least. I have my shower on Sunday and hoping all goes well for that. I never expected to have LO early!! I kept thinking I would go past my due date! I'm not scared of doing the labor and birth thing I'm just anxious about not being fully prepared for the baby to be here!!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

att76 responded:
Well I hope everything stays low key and you can make it to 37 weeks. It is really hard to believe you are already that far along!! Good luck and stay off your feet!!

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
I'm still hanging in there! I felt LO drop today and I'm still having lots of contractions. I have an appointment on Friday with the midwife so we'll see how much progress I've made. We are pretty much just waiting for the contractions to intensify and turn into active labor as they won't attempt to stop labor at this point. 36 weeks tomorrow!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Hang in there and keep me posted!

leah27brooke4 replied to mrs62610's response:
Oh goodness! Just read this! Hang in there! Hopefully LO can stay in a little longer! I will be looking for your birth story!

mrs62610 replied to leah27brooke4's response:
Still hanging on! Contractions are a little bit tighter feeling and today I've noticed more pressure when I have one, but so far I can't say they are painful. I think LO may have dropped more though because I just feel different down south. lol I would love to make it to the 1st because I really want LO to have an October birthday! I know that sounds weird but we already have a ton of September birthdays on both sides of the family and no Oct. ones since my great aunt died 4 years ago. Anywho, just taking it day by day now!

Susan1777 replied to mrs62610's response:
While I'm actually posting, I figured I'd pop in to say that I can't believe you're about to deliver. I remember your story from the beginning, and wow time flies! I hope you get to hold out so you can get that October bday. I didn't find out the sex either, so congrats to you for being able to wait....funny thing was though, when my daughter came out, I was so exhausted that I forgot to ask the gender, and my husband was so overwhelmed w/ excitement that she was here, that he said he didn't even realize it was a girl until after they had cleaned her off and were measuring her and stuff, lol. We were so excited to have the baby out that we forgot to even get our "It's a..." moment, lol
I hope you have an easy and uneventful delivery! Congrats!!
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

mrs62610 replied to Susan1777's response:
That's funny that you forgot to ask about the gender!

I'm still pregnant, lol! I'm happy to have made it into October. I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday so I'm pretty much ready anytime LO wants to show up!

Susan1777 replied to mrs62610's response:
That's great! I was thinking since I didn't see any posts that you might've already delivered. I'm glad you were able to have your baby shower and will get your Oct bday for him/her . Good luck to you!!!
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Angie. We had been trying for a little over a year. I had low prog, and we were dealing with MFIF. We have 1 little girl and trying to add ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.