Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
10 week update
att76 posted:
Well this board has been very quiet lately, so I thought I would just give an update on me and baby! I am 10 weeks 2 days and am starting to feel better. While there are still those days when I feel icky they are fewer then they have been. I can't complain though a whole lot since I didn't have any symptoms until about 6-7 weeks.

I went in yesterday for a checkup and got to hear the babies heartbeat! What an awesome sound!!! The only thing that disappoints me is that DH wasn't there to hear it!! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Mrs.--Hope no news is good news...hoping you have delivered a beautiful baby.

Leah--Hope everything is going well with baby #3!!

leah27brooke4 responded:
I'm OH so happy for you!! I LOVE hearing the heartbeat! So fun!!! I started feeling better around 11 weeks, so not far away from where you are now. I didn't feel bad till 6 weeks, either. Are you just jumping for joy at this point? Over the moon exctied beyond belief??

I'm not pregnant afterall! A big relief! We were going to be happy and everything, but whew! That would have been nuts! My symptoms were caused my another hormonal imbalance I'm dealing with - and the tests, well, the tests were positive - but they were cheapo .25 cent ones from offline that I bought along time ago - must have expired. lol. So funny. We are waiting until Emma is nine months, then we are going to try again.

Emma is doing great. She is "talking" all the time now. Really cooing up a storm. She's a pretty easy going baby and just fusses when she's tired or hungry. She is so beautiul. My daughter has my big brown eyes, and we are thinking Emma might end up with my husbands beautiful blue eyes, since her's are alot lighter than my DD's were. We will just see! Life is great for us right now! Only sad thing is I go back to work in two weeks. Emma is 10 weeks old today!

att76 replied to leah27brooke4's response:
Yes, we are over the moon excited! It is hard to believe next week is the last week in the 1st trimester! We are just taking it all in and enjoying as much as we can!

Well I don't know if I should be happy or sad for you. I am sure it is a super big relief to not be expecting again so soon, but would have taken it with open arms. That is funny though you used a cheap 25 cent test!

That is great Emma is doing so well. I love all the "noise" newborns make when they really start to "talk". Is Brooklyn loving her new sister? Keep in touch and hope everything continues to go well!

leah27brooke4 replied to att76's response:
Hey! Wow! Already almost out of the first trimester! That's amazing! How are you feeling? Are you showing yet? Wearing maternity clothes? Who have you told you are expecting? How did they react to the news?

Sorry so many questions, I just know that this is such a huge deal for you and your DH!!

I was actually kinda sad to not really be pregnant, but I know it would have been very stressful to deal with at this point with me working and my DH working all the time! I still am excited about having another one, God willing, when the time is right.

Brooke LOVES her little sister. She has never been jealous at all, which is something I worried about - her being an only child for so long. (she's four and a half). But she just dotes on her and tells her how much she loves her. It is so cute. She also helps me go get things that I need when I ask her too. I was always sad that Brooke was getting older and didn't have another sibling but now that it's all worked out, I love the age difference. Brooke is also at this point pretty indpendent. It's a nice age gap.

Let me know how you are doing!!

LOL, don't worry I don't mind all the questions. I am actually feeling really good. I have my moments or days of feeling icky, but for the most part feel really good. I am not really showing yet and not wearing any maternity clothes. Not sure how much longer I will be able to wear my normal clothes, but I am enjoying it as long as i can.

We have pretty much told everyone we know and everyone that knows us is VERY excited for us. Most of his family and mine were excited. We told his parents one weekend and then told mine the next week. We took a picture of the pregnancy tests and told them we found these in our bathroom. His parents didn't know what they were in fact she thought they were duck calls!! His sister in law cried and my family was super excited. One thing you need to understand is we have been trying for almost 3 years and have been married for 10 years so most didn't expect this. They hoped for it, but didn't expect it. Those who did know we were trying were VERY VERY excited!!

Well sorry you weren't pregnant again. But like you said when the time is right. It obviously wasn't right, right now!

Keep in touch!

mrs62610 responded:
So glad to hear you are doing well!!!! Hearing the heartbeat is so much fun!! Please keep us updated!

Yep! Good news! We have a little girl! I posted the birth story on a new thread!
Me-25 DH-38 Expecting our 1st! After 21 months and different medicine combos and IUI's, we conceived with our 1st IVF cycle. Not finding out the sex before hand! EDD 10/18/13

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Thanks! I am 12 weeks now and feeling pretty good! I almost wonder at time if I am still pregnant, then I will brush my teeth or have a icky moment and realize Yes I am still pregnant!!

Glad to hear about the baby girl. That is super exciting and I am so happy for you and DH! Congrats!!

ATT- How are you doing? So you should be around 5 months now right? Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? Still wondering about you! Hope you are well and everything is still going great! Keep in touch!

Leah,

I am doing well. Yes, I am 5 months (20 weeks tomorrow). I go in on Dec. 27th for our 20 week u/s and NO we are not finding out the sex. Both DH and I are the type who want the surprise! I am surprised at how good I feel. I am having such a good pregnancy that it makes me wonder if when the baby comes it he or she will just be a little terror!! I am enjoying it all and DH can't wait until he can feel him or her move!! He has never felt a baby move before so he is SUPER excited for that! Hope all is well with you!

att76 replied to att76's response:
My 20 week ultrasound went well. Although, he or she was a little stinker and wouldn't turn so the tech could get a good look at the heart and vessels...so we have to go back in 4 weeks so they can look that over. It didn't sound like they were concerned, but just couldn't get a good enough look at everything. DH was disappointed to find out there was only one! He really wanted twins that way we could be done!!

I have started to feel little flutters and it is super exciting. I can't wait until DH can feel baby moving too!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope it is a blessed year!

Yay! Sorry the LO wouldn't cooperate! So you and DH want to be suprised huh? My DH loves to be suprised as well. How are you feeling? Glad to know that all is well with the baby - and I'm sure the heart is okay too. Are you getting things ready? Nesting? picking out names,etc? You are half way done!!

Well, i actually am pregnant again, lol. Beta is 526. Due Sep 2nd. I kinda wonder if I should be on these boards anymore since this is so easy now. They fixed the hormone problem I had (found the perfect med) and now I ovulate and have periods. Though we conceived our new LO on the first cycle I had after Emma was born. They will be 13 months apart. I am grateful as I want four or five kids. I will never forget the heartache of month after month, then over a year of the negatives. That experience makes me so grateful for what I have now and I'm hoping for another healthy and happy nine months.

Hope to hear from you!

OMG!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!! So how far along are you?

No, DH and I don't want to know! We haven't really started getting things started. Not to say we haven't looked at things, but just haven't bought anything yet. We are going to register for things later this month, so we don't want to get to carried away with buying things.

Well I guess after Emma you just didn't worry about babies anymore!! That is really awesome! How have you been feeling?

I'm about 5 1/2 weeks. I'll be six weeks tuesday. I have the 8 week u/s the 22nd of this month. It's crazy! I'm excited though. Been feeling nauseous, but I know that's good. Other than having to pee all the time and occassional cramping, that's about it for symptoms!

The only downer to this is I'm afraid to tell alot of my friends. Most of them are not having any luck TTC, or they did conceive but then m/c. One friend miscarried in the second trimester. Another friend lost her baby to SIDS, and then hasn't had luck TTC since. I feel rather "greedy" to already have a baby and then be expectng again. At least I know how it feels to long so much for this and not have it fulfilled, so hopefully I can announce it in a sensitive way. Of course that is if it all works out for me, anyway.

That makes sense about registering! Baby showers are wonderful! With my first DD, I think I didn't even have to buy diapers for so long because of how much I got in gifts! Not to mention all the cute clothes, etc! We didn't find out her gender beforehand, so I decided to have her baby shower two weeks after she was born. It was so fun!

I hope you are feeling good! I'm still so happy for you!

I am sure you will figure out how to tell your friends in a sensitive manner. I would think they would be happy for you even with their sad events.

However, I do know how you feel. When DH and I started to tell our friends we told one couple who had been trying for almost 6-7 years. They did IVF and it didn't work. We told the husband who has been our friend since we were teenagers and he was happy. We then told his wife and she hasn't talked to us or seen me since being told. Her husband (who we have seen many times since) said she just can't bear to see me since I am pregnant. I keep telling my DH "I can relate" I have had the jealousy, anger and all the other emotions of finding out someone else is pregnant and I am not! I get it. I told DH this is not my problem it is hers. If she is going to be like that then when she is ready I will still be here!

Sorry, that just makes me so mad though. It is not like we just got pregnant without even trying for almost 3 years. I just thought she could still be happy for us!

Anyway, glad things so far are going well. The nausea is a good sign, but you never want to be to optimistic, anything can happen. Take care!

I am still feeling really good!

Wow that is sad about your friend. That is a long time to TTC, but it's not like you didn't have your rollar coaster of a story TTC as well. You would think that your story would give her hope for herself, as well. Not to mention I'm sure you both struggled together with infertility, and now she should be able to understand how amazing this is for you and your DH and be happy for you. Some people can't rise above their jealousy.

Yes I'm still just very early and anything can happen. I'm not announcing it until after the 12 week sono. I've had a chemical pregnancy (im passed the point of losing to a chemical pregnancy), but never an actual miscarriage. So it would be hard to go through definitely, but at the same time it's not something you plan on - but it's definitely in your mind as a possibility. They say after six weeks the chances lower, then lower quite a bit farther after 12 weeks.

My friend went in to find out if her baby was a boy or a girl, and found out the baby had died. The reason was because she opted out of taking blood thinners when she knew she had a clotting disorder. Those are the tough decisions to make. It's like I tell my patients who are hesitant to take something - you should take it if the benefits outweigh the risks.Hopefully she and all of my friends will be able to conceive.

So for now I am cautious but happy. You are way past the point where you need to feel caution though! When is your due date by the way??

Spotlight: Member Stories

After 3.5 years of TTC w/a diagnosis of unexplained IF, dh & I have finally conceived with the help of IVF/ICSI and now we are thankfully expectin...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!