Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story
heavensmilingdown posted:
Demi Marie was born on March 27. Weighing 7 lbs 9 ozs and is 20 1/2 in long. Time of birth was 12:45 am. laborered for 17 hours

I was induced in the morning on saturday. the doctor broke my water at 7am. I was 1.5cm dilated they waited to start the pit drip to see if i would contract on my own. i was contracting on my own but they said i needed some help so the had to start the pit. they started that around 10 i believe. ( everything is running together, it was a long long night). around 1'o clock i was dilated 3. i was checked again around 5 and i was 6 cm dilated. i asked for an epi. the other pain meds were not working anymore. the epi was working for a few hours and then it stopped working in the area where it was supposed to. my legs however were completely numb. i was dilated 7. they pulled epi out alittle to see if it would help. It worked for about 30 min. I was throwing up and shaking uncontrollably. i was about to tell them just give me another c-section. they took that one out and put another in and it was a world of difference. the new one was put in at 10;30pm. i was able to rest and sleep and was checked at 11 and was 9.5cm. at 11:30 i was feeling pressure. at 12 the doctor came in and i was 10 and was told to start pushing. i pushed for 45min. once her head and shoulders were out. the doc told me to reach down and finish pulling her out. she is so beautiful. breastfeeding going great. she is a champ. took hold fast. i am happy the vbac went well. her big sister is really pround and a big helper. sorry if this is all over the place. in a hurry. i am in need. by the way we are home after 36 hrs of having her.

bbylove21 responded:
CONGRATS on your brand new baby girl!!!!!! It sounds like you experienced some hiccups here and there but you achieved you VBAC. so freaking happy for you.
Adriana(21) DH(26)Furry baby Lola (3yrs old shih-pom).. mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

MommaSampson responded:
Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys!
I'm Heather(26) and DH is 29. We have two little girls, 6

mrslee97658 responded:
Congratulations! I'm glad you got your vbac!
Me Ruth(27), DH (42) DS1(11), DD(8), DS2(5), DS3(3) M/c 1@6wks 9/06,M/C 2 D

LindzRenee responded:
Grad Lurking...

Congrats on the arrival of little Demi! So proud of you for being so strong and getting the VBAC you wanted so badly!
Me 32 - DH 36 Bode Edward Born 11.3.2010! MC's 3/9, 4/9 and 10/9

noelle1225 responded:
Congratulations on your new arrival and you VBAC! I'm glad you got what you wanted even if it was a bit of a rough road. Good luck with the breastfeeding. sounds like you guys are doing great!

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations!! I'm so happy you got your vbac.
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

LynnaeMarie responded:
Congratulations! I'm glad the VBAC went well!
Welcome Demi!
Me (28) DH (34) M/C 2/23/10 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups). BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Congratulations!!! Oh my goodness, you were able to pull her out yourself?! That is amazing! I am glad they fixed your epidural and you were able to have the birthing experience you wanted. I'm also glad that BF'ing is going so well for you and Demi. Congratulations again and welcome to the world Demi Marie!
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 Gweneth Grace :)

MSettle78 replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
Congrats on your birth and your baby girl ! That is SO AMAZING that you pulled her out I'm going to talk to my OB to see if we can do that ! Congrats again I'll have to remember the Epidual thing you said incase That happends . Very happy for you !
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3... M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Praying for happy healthy full term lively baby !

heavensmilingdown responded:
thanks everyone
we have another bump in the road. my little demi has jaundice.she has to get her heel pricked again. they said if it doesnt go down we will have a special light machine at our house. the doctor wants me to give her 1 or 2 ounces of formula to help her out. i dont object, i want her better. my milk is pretty much in so i hope that helps

Gonnamissmyson replied to heavensmilingdown's response:
Congrats on the baby..

My DD had jaundice after she was born. She was given the light treatment as well and had to get her heel pricked twice after she was released.. once at the hospital the day after we left (she was in for 4 days) then 2 days later at her first pedi appt. A full week after she was born it was gone. Im sure your little Demi will be just fine!

Congrats again!
Me 26 DD 2 11/25/08 and TRIGS DS RIP @ 25 weeks due to a encephalocele and a diaphragmatic hernia 07/31/09 BFP 12/02/10!! EDD 08/01/2011 Hoping for a healthy baby, wouldnt hurt if I got my boy!

cheyenne828 replied to Gonnamissmyson's response:
Congratulations!!!! So exciting to hear about it! I hope her jaundice is resolved very quickly!!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me, 31 BF, 26, 8/08 MC 8wks, 02/09 MC 6wks, 2 D&C, 3 furbabies. BFP 5/1/10, EDD 1/6/11.Mason Slade born 1/13/2011 via C-Section!!!

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.