Skip to content
d/a update & short hospital visit
Mandy_Smiles posted:
Sorry this is so long! I was driving to my doctor appointment this afternoon and I started to develop a headache. Then my DH called me to see where I was because of course I was running late, and I couldn't even talk to him AND focus on the road because my head was hurting so bad. I started seeing what I would describe as "sparkles" and that's about when I got to the doctor's office. The first thing they did was the non stress test. The nurse had me lay down to do the test and I let her know that I had a sudden migraine and then I almost threw up. She brought me the trash can and I did the test and Gwen did good. She didn't do quite as good as she did on Monday, but the doctor was satisfied. They joked about if we have bets on how big she is and how we should guess higher than "normal"! SCARY! She has to make her exit and I don't want to think about that right now! LOL!

After the non stress test they weighed me and took my BP. Now, my BP has been perfect throughout this entire pregnancy. It is usually something like 104/60 or 110/70. Today she took my BP, then she asked me to lay down and took it again, then had me stand up, took it again, then had me lay on my side, took it again, had me roll over onto my other side, took it again... We were really worried by this point because she has never done this before. She finally let us know that my BP was too high. She didn't say what it was, but she said that with me having a headache it was high enough to take seriously. She had me lay on my left side for about 20 minutes and checked it again and it went down to my normal BP. Then she had me stand up and she did it again and it was suddenly high again. Then she sent me to the hospital. She said it was just a precaution since it went down when I laid on my left, but she still wanted to have me monitored for a few hours. So we went to the hospital, they hooked me up to the monitors and my headache went away after about an hour after I took some Tylenol and my BP went back down. They sent me home on strict bed rest, lay on left side until Sunday night until I go back to be induced.

I am SO GLAD that I didn't have to stay the night there and we were able to come home. We still have things to do, like take the dog to the kennel, laundry, stock up on groceries, etc... I don't know why we haven't done some of it sooner, I guess we were sorta convinced that she was never going to come! LOL! Now it's show time and we just hope that she at least will wait until tomorrow so that we can take our pup to the kennel! Oh yeah, no further progress. I am still 1 cm & 90% effaced. I am having contractions but nothing regular enough for them to think I will be going into labor on my own. :( If I get another headache they want me to go back to the hospital immediately so I am praying for no more headaches. It looks like if I don't get another headache we will be admitted on Sunday and have an induction on Monday. I'm just so glad the doctor was satisfied with her test results and my baby girl will be in my arms so very soon! :)
Mandy 26, DH 31, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, EDD 3/27/11 Gweneth Grace :)

MSettle78 responded:
Oh my Mandy Sunday is TOMORROW ! Im so sorry you had to go through all that with the headache I get them sometimes too where I see the sparkles but I kinda always had them before I got pregnant . Im glad you and Gwen are doing good I'm so excited for you to meet your little girl and hold her and hear your birth story :) I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing and praying for you and Gwen to have a amazing birth story
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3... M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Praying for happy healthy full term lively baby !

noelle1225 responded:
OMG Mandy that's crazy... let the hubby get all that stuff done ok? you need to relax like they said! Do you guys have someone who could help out if Gwen decides not to wait? I hope so. Oh that's sooo exciting! Just another day or two! Take care of yourself and I can't wait for your birth story!!!

bbylove21 replied to noelle1225's response:
SUNDAY is today!!!!.. I wish you the best of luck .. I know you might be busy enjoying the heck of your new baby but don't forget to come in here and let us kno all the deets.
Adriana(21) DH(26)Furry baby Lola (3yrs old shih-pom).. mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 9/25/10 EDD 6/29/10 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

cheyenne828 replied to bbylove21's response:
Thinking of you Mandy, woo hoo!
Pam 37, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, EDD 4/2/11, yellow team

MSettle78 replied to cheyenne828's response:
Me 2 !!!! So excited for you and praying and thinking good thoughts for a perfect birth ! Cant wait to hear about lil Gwen !
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3... M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Praying for happy healthy full term lively baby !

jedmonds12 responded:
Aaaah, Sunday was yesterday!! You should be well on your way to having little Gwen right now! Oh man, I'm so excited to hear about this later. Thinking of you both today, and sending you tons of good vibes!! :)
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

Babyhopes614 replied to jedmonds12's response:
Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you, I cannot wait to hear about your sweet baby girl's birth.
Jennifer(23) DH(27) TTC Since 10/10. One pregnancy M/C 6 1/2 weeks 10/13. BFP 12/28! EDD 9/13/11

marchbabee replied to Babyhopes614's response:
Best of luck, and Ican't wait to read your birth story!!!!
Me(30), DH(29), 1 m/c at 5w, 2 m/c at 6w, BFP 11/24/10, EDD 8/4/11. Blue Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where did my old story go? Well I am still Kasi, and still married to DH David, and still have two wonderful little boys! Keep going back and forth th...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.