Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
jedmonds12
shanastash posted:
<3 your son's name! i haven't been on in awhile, so i don't know when you actually picked a name and said what it was...

i have a cousin who named his son Kawika...my uncle's name is John Dave and my brother's middle name is Keoni, so my cousin wanted a name for his son that would be all his own, but also in honor of his dad...so he chose Kawika (for those of you who don't know, Kawika (ka-vee-kah) means David.

anyway, i saw that you had posted on your monday updates and i saw your son's name...i thought i would let you know that i adore it! take care!!!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

jedmonds12 responded:
Thanks, Shana! It took us a while to decide, but DF eventually decided he wanted Kawika for his grandfather. His name was David and he passed away a year ago; he was really a father figure to DF since his dad wasn't around, and he decided that naming our son after him, yet still honoring his Hawaiian half, was a really good compromise It also means "beloved" and we loved that about it, too.

Glad you stopped by!! How's Jennaraya doing? ((HUGS))
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I decided to start TTC back in October of 2009. We became pregnant in January of 2010 and had to decide immediately on our living situa...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.