jedmonds12
shanastash posted:
i <3 your son's name! i haven't been on in awhile, so i don't know when you actually picked a name and said what it was...

i have a cousin who named his son Kawika...my uncle's name is John Dave and my brother's middle name is Keoni, so my cousin wanted a name for his son that would be all his own, but also in honor of his dad...so he chose Kawika (for those of you who don't know, Kawika (ka-vee-kah) means David.

anyway, i saw that you had posted on your monday updates and i saw your son's name...i thought i would let you know that i adore it! :smile: take care!!!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

jedmonds12 responded:
Thanks, Shana! It took us a while to decide, but DF eventually decided he wanted Kawika for his grandfather. His name was David and he passed away a year ago; he was really a father figure to DF since his dad wasn't around, and he decided that naming our son after him, yet still honoring his Hawaiian half, was a really good compromise :) It also means "beloved" and we loved that about it, too.

Glad you stopped by!! How's Jennaraya doing? ((HUGS))
Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. BFP 8/9/10! It's a boy!!! EDD 4/18/11