Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pilonidal cyst & pregnancy?
ralica posted:
Do you or anyone you know have had a pilonidal cyst surgery and got pregnant soon after? Any experience of pregnancy and delivery after this type of surgery?

Just wandering because I had a surgery to remove mine December 1, 2010, and recovery has been truly a pain in the butt (its a cyst that develops right at the bottom of the spine, at the end of the tailbone, the recovery was the worst, most painful thing I've ever gone through!) I am wondering if I would even be able to give normal birth, or maybe I would have to have a C-section, I can't imagine having to push down, I still have so much pain in the place of the surgery.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ralica,

Ouch!! That sounds terribly painful!

Since I don't know how common Pilonidal cyst surgery is, I'm not sure there are many ladies here to answer this for you. It's a very good question and definitely one that you should bring up with your doctor.

I'd also encourage you to ask your question on our main Pregnancy Community where we have several Health Experts that can offer their suggestions for you, too.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on this one! Please let us know what you find out and hopefully our community will still chime in with any experience they have, too.

~Andie
In the pregnancy process I have come to realize how much of the burden is on the female partner. She's got a construction zone going on in her belly. ~Al Roker

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lisa. I am 26 years old. My husband is 28. We have a daughter who is going to turn 3 in december. I have had 4 M/C in 4 years. And now preg...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.