Skip to content
I need some advice please =)
Anon_231421 posted:
I got my implanon out in mid- April. (Implanon is birth control in the form of a rod that is inserted in you upper arm) I found out last week that I have an over functioning thyroid (hyperthyroidism). I go to an endocrinologist August 2nd to find out for sure what the real deal is. Been trying to get pregnant for the last 3 months andand nothing. Are you supposed to wait a certain amount of time to try? I'm confused because I've been pregnant once before and lost it. We are young and healthy (besides my thyroid). I have tried to do the ovulation calendar and that's not working apparently so what else can I do? Any and all advice would be appreciative. Thank you

noelle1225 responded:
There is a trying to concieve after loss board on here that would probably be very helpful to you. I'm not sure about how long you have to wait, etc... but those ladies will be excellent support and advice.
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

coudymom responded:
Lurking.....
Sorry to hear about all the trouble you have been having. I don't know about the Implanon, but I can tell you about my issues with my thyroid. They discovered I had an underactive thyroid during my first pregnancy, but it didn't seem to cause any problems. But when I was trying to get pregnant the second time, we tried for about 6 months and had no luck. So my Dr. checked my thyroid again and the medication I was on was not controlling it. She changed my meds and got it under control, and I got pregnant the very next month. So hopefully once they figure out what is going on with you you'll have more luck getting pregnant. Best wishes.
Me(33), DH(38), DS(10), DD(7) M/C 1/10, BFP 9/25/10 EDD 6/3/11

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon,

Sorry you're things are not happening as fast as you'd like. I think Coudymom had a great suggestion for you.

Be sure to check with your doctor and let them know you're trying to get pregnant. They may be able to help.

You might also post over on our Thyroid Disorders Community or our Trying to Conceive After Loss community for more suggestions from members.

Hope that helps!
Baby in the tummy, it's all up to mommy. But once the baby's had, it's bragging rights for Dad

blueeyes1107 replied to noelle1225's response:
Thank you so much!
::::::::

blueeyes1107 replied to coudymom's response:
Thank you so much!

blueeyes1107 replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much!

blueeyes1107 responded:
My drs appointment has changed to tomorrow so I will keep y'all posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kristi (27) Joshua (34) Our Daughter, Michal Lynn Rhodes, Born Into Heaven July 6th, 2006, Born Sleeping July 9th, 2006 at 38 weeks after 47 hours of ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.