Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story
marchbabee posted:
Short version: Joshua James was born on Aug. 3 at 9:34am. He is 7lbs 13oz, and 20.5 in long!

Long version: I had been having hard contractions Sunday and Monday evening, and decided that if I had strong contractions Tuesday night, I was just going to go in to the hospital. If they sent me home so be it! I went in on Monday and had only dilated to 2cm, and was 80% effaced, and they won't admit unless I am 4cm. So, we go in, and I'm in some serious pain. I was 4cm dilated, 100% effaced and he was so low that the nurse thought my water had already broken and she was feeling just his head. So, needless to say, they admitted me at 2:45am and it was pretty fast after that. I got my epi around 6cm because the contractions were coming fast and furious at that point. Right as the anesthesiologist (sp?) came in my water broke...and it was gushing! I pushed for an hour and a half, and out came our little bundle sunndy side up! They said it was good that I was in such good shape and worked out right up to the end, I was able to deliver vaginally. Most women it would have been a C-Section. We are home now and adjusting to life as a trio, but I am loving every second of being a mommy! I'm pretty sore from the 2nd degree tear, but other than that, feeling good! He is just adorable, and breastfeeding isn't easy, but we're going to keep at it. He had his 2 day wellness check up this morning, and everything looked great! No jaundice and he didn't lose any weight. This site has been a God-send to me during my difficulties remaining pregnant, and I can't wait to read everyone else's birth stories as well! I'll be lurking
Me(30), DH(29), 1 m/c at 5w, 2 m/c at 6w, BFP 11/24/10, EDD 8/4/11.  Blue Team!

LynnaeMarie responded:
How wonderful Stacey! I'm glad everything went so well! (I'm also glad you mentioned how the exercise/workouts made it go even better, cause I'm betting on that for myself )

Welcome to the world little Joshua!
Me (28) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

Babyhopes614 responded:
After 9 long months we finally know the name! Hehe I love it. I am so glad that you had such a quick L&D. Or at least you made it sound easy breezy! Congratulations on your sweet baby boy
Jennifer(24) DH(27) M/C 10/12/2010 at 6 weeks. BFP 12/27/2010 EDD 9/13/2011. PINK TEAM~Parker Anne

Lysana responded:
Congrats, Stacey! I love the name. Enjoy your little Joshua!

Will you call him Josh or Joshua? We're odd...we stick with Joshua.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

noelle1225 replied to Lysana's response:
Wooo Hoo! JJ has arrived:) the name is really cute and way to go keeping the secret! Glad to hear everything went pretty smoothly even if he was posterior:) Way to go Momma!
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

bbylove21 responded:
Another little babe sunny side up lol, it's a trend with these P.A.L graduates! Im not sure what a 2nd degree tear is but hope it heals well & soon..i saw the pics and he's adorable! Also don't give up on BFing the first weeks are the toughest but it all pays off!!! Tons of congrats,
Adriana(21) DH(26)Furry baby Lola (3yrs old shih-pom).. mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 10/22/10 EDD 6/29/11 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

jedmonds12 responded:
  • *Lurking**

Congrats Stacey! I'd been waiting for your birth story Love the name, and good job!! I also had a sunny side up boy and a 2nd degree tear... ugh! So happy for you and your family
    Julie (27) DF (34). One MC 5/10 at 7 wks. PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11!
  •  
    Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Aww..I was just thinking about you yesterday when I was getting our list ready on 3rd Trimester, Stacey!

Big congratulations to you and the family!! So great to hear that you were able to deliver vaginally. See...all that hard work paid off in more ways than one.

Keep us posted on how everyone is doing! (((Hugs)))

~Andie
    Baby in the tummy, it's all up to mommy. But once the baby's had, it's bragging rights for Dad

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kristi (27) Joshua (34) Our Daughter, Michal Lynn Rhodes, Born Into Heaven July 6th, 2006, Born Sleeping July 9th, 2006 at 38 weeks after 47 hours of ...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
    In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    23 of 32 found this helpful