Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Gift suggestions?
BethAnn88 posted:
My DH's cousin is coming to stay with us for a few days next week. She's currently 18wks pregnant and I was planning on getting her a gift for her new baby. The problem is, I'm clueless about what to get. She already has one child, a boy, so I really don't want to get more clothes that she's not going to need (she doesn't yet know the gender of the new baby). Any suggestions on gifts you may have received that were thoughtful, yet practical? TIA.
Me(30) DH(31) Two little angels, m/c 5/09(10wks), m/c 6/11(5wks), BFP 7/22/11!!! EDD 4/2/12

earleyml1012 responded:
I love the monthly photo frame and baby books. Those were two of my favorite gifts for DD#1 and two of the first items I bought after my 20 week ultrasound with this baby. I think they are very practical, I mean who doesn't like to keep track of baby's first year?
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

noelle1225 responded:
It isn't a "baby" gift exactly, but you could get online and buy her a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage from a place near where she lives. Alot of places have it so you can buy it and print the certificate and she could save it for a couple of months from now when she's getting achy and the other kid is wearing her down:) Doesn't junk up the house bc it's gone completely once she uses it and it's something most people won't do for themself. Then you could save the actual baby gift for her shower:) or atleast after she knows the gender and what she needs.
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

Lysana replied to earleyml1012's response:
Depending on how much you want to spend, and in the spirit of Michelle's suggestion, if you know of a photo website she likes, you could get her a gift certificate to that. I use Shutterfly, and I made a "bringing home baby" book for each of my kids - an 8x8 photo book of each of their births (in the case of my 1st, it was her first 6 months - maybe I'll go back and make a birth book for her, too, though).

The books I like are $29.99 S&H, so somewhere between $35 and $40 when complete. In each case, I've been fortunate enough to find a promotion where I got one for free, but at this point, I'm hooked - I'll pay the full price for my next one, if I have to.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

noelle1225 replied to Lysana's response:
Ohhh, yeah:) I have a couple of those shutterfly books from my wedding and I get more use out of them than the album from the photographer!
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

Smithc27 replied to Lysana's response:
Wal Mart's photo center does books like that too. We made one from our honeymoon pictures and it turned out fabulously! I was looking into getting one made for Baby after he/she makes her appearance. Last I checked, their prices were pretty reasonable too!
~Charlotte(26), DH(26), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Green Team!

BethAnn88 responded:
Thanks so much for the suggestions!! I knew you guys would have some great ideas! I love the photo album idea. Although, I'm sure she would really, really appreciate a massage too! This helps me out a bunch. Thanks ladies!
Me(30) DH(31) Two little angels, m/c 5/09(10wks), m/c 6/11(5wks), BFP 7/22/11!!! EDD 4/2/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello all. My husband and I met while working together in '08..fell in love and decided one day that maybe we'd like a baby. We didn't st...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful