Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just a little update.
noelle1225 posted:
Tomorrow I will be 37w! Officially Term!!!

Went to the MW yesterday:) All is well. She seemed to think it was a good sign that I felt like Cael was trying to climb out my backside a few times a day! lol My fundal ht didn't change from two weeks ago, but she said it's pretty normal for it to start slacking off at this point bc his head is so low that it changes how far my uterus leans foward. Also my wt only went up about a lb so I was several pounds off when I made my monday update! lol

DH installed the car seat last night and I only had to ask him once bc I think he knows we are getting to the waiting game part. He didn't like the plastic chest piece bc he says it's too hard and if we ever wrecked it would bruise Cael. I tried to explain that they all had the same kind of thing and it was there for safety... not comfort! He is very invested in whether our son is comfy! lol

Tuesday I had to leave work early bc I was having so many bhcs and didn't want to accidentally go into labor 3 days before I was allowed to deliver at the birth center. They stopped once I wasn't pushing around strechers in the ER anymore, but I'm still having them frequently when ever I move around or walk. DH asks me several times a day how many I've had and when I say "some" or something similar he says, "Is that the truth?" Like I'm secretly in labor and not telling him! lol Last night after we did our hypnobabies script and massage, he said, "You wanna see something crazy?" He pulls out his phone and starts scrolling through the pics he's taken every wk since 12 w in order:) What a difference 6 months makes!

Well, I guess that's about it:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

halfmilebrave responded:
Noelle -- I am so excited for you!!! You are one of the first ones to great me when I joined the boards. I always love reading your posts. Even though this is your first, you have great information and insight on things. I can not wait to read your birth story with Cael! You are going to do Great!!
Diana - Me (31),DH (45), DD 11/01/2000, DD 01/05/2006, MC 2007 at 20 weeks, EDD 12/17/2011 John Daniel, BLUE TEAM!

noelle1225 replied to halfmilebrave's response:
Aww:) thanks Diana!
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

earleyml1012 responded:
I was having some BHC last week and was told to drink lots of water, so if you have more I suggest doing that. I also heard changing position...walking/sitting or sitting/standing can help make them stop, that is if you want them to. ;c)

I'm having DH install our carseats this weekend too. We need to adjust the straps in ours since the last time it was used was for a 6 month old. I've also started to pack my hospital bag.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

LynnaeMarie responded:
Oh Michelle & Noelle! You're getting me all excited! I'm just 10days behind the two of you! My BHC get worse when I'm really busy or stressed to, I already drink a lot of water but I have noticed changing what I'm doing makes them slow down or stop.

This weekend/next week is when we'll be installing our carseat & washing all the clothes/blankets.

Noelle it's funny how your DH is being, like you wouldn't tell him if you were in labor, lol.

Yesterday DH's GM was talking about her labor experience, what she can remember anyhow. & it kind of made me sad how much she hated it & how she described it as 'miserable' & the 'worse pain' she's been in ect. & that's why she only had one child.
I think us gals on here have discussed before how our mindset can make all the difference for how we perceive our labor/delivery experience. I've had nothing but positive thoughts & how I visualize my upcoming experience. I know the pain I will experience is for the most precious little miracle God can give me & I'm not afraid of it at all.
I do want to go natural, but I do know we have modern medicine/surgery for a reason too so anyone's experience can become a good one. Even if things don't go according to plan(like what happened w/my lil sis, & she still wants more) I know I'll have my little guy to hold & love. I wish DH's GM would have had someone to help her realize that labor isn't a bad thing, it's such a sweet miracle, & if she still didn't want more kids that's ok.

Anyhow I got way off topic, lol.
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

noelle1225 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
So Michelle, which do you think will go first? I think you bc it's your second, but I'd be open to taking the first shot:)

earleyml1012 replied to noelle1225's response:
I'm hoping me! ;c) Maybe we'll go around the same time so that neither of us gets jealous. My co-workers want me to be here next week b/c the first week of the month is close (I'm in accounting) so this is when we are super busy and have the most stuff going on. A lot of them want to sit with me again or do the stuff and ask me questions while I'm still here. So I'm kind of hoping I hold out until the end of the week, then I'm ok going whenever Katelyn decides it's time. I'm not going to be surprised if she breaks my water b/c she's been stretching so much and pushing against me that it seriously hurts. If she keeps that up, I think she'll eventually break it. I can tell she wants out. ;c)
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful