Skip to content
Wish baby would come so I can stop worrying
earleyml1012 posted:
[TRIGGER] POSS TRIGGERS:

I know I'm just at 37 weeks but I can't stop wishing that it was time for baby to come so that I can stop worrying so much. Just having her in my arms and knowing that if she needed medical attention, she could get it is what I really want right now. For some reason the last few weeks I've been worrying again about something happening. Today she hasn't been as active as normal but I have felt movement, it's still not putting my mind at ease. I remember in my 2nd trimester reading other posts about the same thing when they were this close to having their baby and it didn't make sense to me why they would be worrying. I get it now!!! I'm so close but yet it seems so far away and that something could still go wrong. I've prayed and prayed for peace and comfort but I'm still worrying...why?!?
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

SLMama responded:
I totally think this is a normal thought process when you have lost a child. I am going through it as well, so if it's not then I guess we're both crazy! I feel this primal urge to protect my son and subconsciously I think the best way I can do that is if he is in my arms. (I know he needs to cook for a while longer, as I am 34 weeks today, but I still want to just get him here safe and sound!) You're a mommy, you love your baby, so naturally you are going to worry. I think this just shows that you are going to be one fantastico mama again!! I hope that your baby girl comes soon, and that you can find some comfort during this time. Hopefully your day to meet her will be here before you know it!
Morgan (24) DH (29) 2 Furchildren - Isis (meow) Cleopatra (woof) 1 Darling Angel Baby Safia Lee 07/27/10
BFP 03/01/11 - EDD 11/11/11 BLUE TEAM - Zachary Lane! Yay for little boys!

noelle1225 replied to SLMama's response:
I'd agree that it's totally normal... I have the same thing but just a tad in the other dirrection. I worry about him being OUT! where there are germs and strangers and pushy older relatives (and circumcisions! lol still not sure what we're doing about that one). I remember I think it was Mandy going through the same thing... At this point our hormones are so crazy we are lucky we can function at all:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

bbylove21 responded:
Grad Lurking: Your oh so close! so excited for this upcoming baby boom! But yes it's good to finally hold your baby and to put all of those fears aside to just realize that other more dreadful ones apear at least in my case.. I worry enough to sometimes wake up and double(triple) check the babys still breathing..you know the norm mother worry warts we become..Well you already know you have a DD that is adorable btw Enjoy these last weeks because I miss my belly and feeling my baby they grow so quick I can't believe Lucas is already 3 months and babbling already !!. ..Morgan I love the name it's adorable, you don't know the joy it is to have a bby boy it's amazing. And def agree with noelle i think the hormones are crazy at this point..I think i was crying daily haha I look back and think boy was i crazy , my poor hubby had to put up with it! Good Luck ladies can't wait to hear your birthstories( i'm an addict) ..We circumcised Luc because I know boys aren't the cleanest ever , well kids for that matter and to have to deal with an infection such as my baby cousin did due to poor cleanliness, is just something i wanted to avoid the poor kid had to be circumsised at 5 yrs a bit traumatizing i think.. Luc did wonderful and it healed after about 2 w that was just the reason of why i did it but i def think it's a little cruel to put babies through all that ..ugh sorry i babble having a boy is hard lol... Love ya ladies feel free to add me on fb @ Adri de la cruz (noelle ur already my friend btw )
Adriana(21) DH(26)Furry baby Lola (3yrs old shih-pom).. mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 10/22/10 EDD 6/29/11 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

noelle1225 replied to bbylove21's response:
thanks for the insite Adri:) I like to hear rational reasons for either way bc it will make whatever choice we come to easier. Any chance he'll just be born already circ'ed? lol Oh to be so lucky! Did you go back to work or are you a SAHM? Just asking bc I know you are still bf'ing(congrats) and wondered if you had gone back what kind of adjustment it was and how you made it work:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

bbylove21 replied to noelle1225's response:
I'm still at home searching for a part time..i hope i don't have change much if i work say, 4 hrs daily it's just one feeding i'm missing ..hopefully it all works out i don't wanna stop bf ..lol i wish he already came good and ready
Adriana(21) DH(26)Furry baby Lola (3yrs old shih-pom).. mc at 9 weeks in 5/22/10 BFP!! 10/22/10 EDD 6/29/11 Yay summer baby!! Chicago is cold! Yellow team

Lysana replied to noelle1225's response:
Michelle - I think it's VERY normal for us to be nervous at ANY point in pregnancy - at the end is just as understandable as any other time. I am sure everything is fine, but it's hard waiting those last few weeks.

When they get bigger, they do move less, because they just don't have as much room. However, if you're feeling less movement than you're used to feeling, go ahead and call, just for your peace of mind. Odds are, no matter how many times you read/hear, "A little less movement is normal," you're going to worry, anyway. And typically, "Baby seems to be moving less than normal," is a red flag for providers, so if you want to be seen, you'll get seen. I'm not saying that I think what you've described should raise a red flag - I really think it sounds normal - but if you want to get checked out, for peace of mind, then call, because most providers will have you come in.

And, Noelle - "Any chance he'll just be born already circ'ed?" HAHA, I am right there with you. Sigh....
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

noelle1225 replied to Lysana's response:
Yep, turns out our insurance is going to cover it, which is good since BCBS in alot of other states doesn't anymore. We Picked the ped urology practice we are going to use, but one of the two doc prefers to use a plastibell and the other gomco (one leaves the plastic ring on and it falls off later, the other cuts and there is no waiting for anything to fall off) I need to do a little research so we can decide which doc to go with. They use the injectable lidocane, not the cream, and give them some tylenol for when it starts to wear off, but i know it's going to hurt no matter what. I'll just feel better once it is finished and my son isn't maimed! I know I sound like a nut, but this is the thing I happen to be obsessing about at the moment:) I'm trying to remind myself that this decision is DH's bc we agreed on that long ago so my job is to make sure we know as much as we can about it if he wants it done so that we can try to avoid any issues. Google... here I come!

Lysana replied to noelle1225's response:
Noelle, you don't sound like a nut, at least not to me, because I am right there with you on this. I'm going to have to figure out what our options are in this area, too, but I'll at least wait until after Thursday, since we're not 100% sure it's a boy.

Michelle, sorry we have hijacked your post! What did you decide to do?
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

earleyml1012 replied to Lysana's response:
I didn't call the doctor b/c I talked with a friend at work, she let me cry a little and she was very comforting. I think after that, I was less stressed so baby started moving more. Then at 1pm my co-workers surprised me with cake and ice cream to wish me luck with the new baby and a very nice card/gift card to BRU. After eating some cake and ice cream, she didn't stop moving for over an hour. This weekend she was a little more active than she was on Friday, so that helped to ease my concern. She's squirming around right now! I'm excited to go to the OB tomorrow to see if I'm making any progress. She feels so low and I've had a lot of pressure. Also the siaittic (sp) nerve has started to be VERY painful. I was walking to the bathroom earlier and thought I was going to fall over in pain. This weekend would be a nice weekend to have a baby! ;c)
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

bbylove21 replied to noelle1225's response:
LURKER! I totally agree with kelly , ur not a nut lol. I also think every baby handles pain differently , They told us that he'd be sleepy and not alert but it was the total opposite he was a normal newborn i didn't notice a change. Now when he got his first shots it was hell.. he was sobbing and so upset the rest of the day his legs were sore, I def think if you choose to go that route the earliest the better because they sleep so much when they're new at least during the day , at night its a different story.

KonaMommy replied to earleyml1012's response:
I had a complete meltdown the night before I went into labor with my DS. I was really worried that something would go wrong and chose to read the "when things don't go as planned" section of all of my pregnancy books-- bad idea. and all of that was before I had personally experienced any pregnancy-related loss or complications. Looking back, I am certain that the whole episode was related to hormones. Sounds like what you are experiencing is normal. I am not as far along as you, but baby had a quiet day today and didn't seem to be moving during his/her normal active times, but now the activity has picked up. I think baby decided to "stay in bed" all day- must be nice Good luck!
Beth (33), DH (32), DS (2), Missed M/C 12/10 @ 12 weeks, EDD 12/24/11, Yellow Team

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (30) DH (33) Our Angel Boy 5/21/10 +HPT 10/25/10 EDD 7/19/11ish

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.