Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Well crap.
noelle1225 posted:
I have to run over to the center to redo my GBS swab. Apparently it got set down when the MW who checked my measurements started having cxt(she's 6mo pg) and had to switch out with another MW to finish out our centering group. It had to be run within 48 hrs to be valid and they found it this morning (I did it wednesday). I can't hardly be upset bc she was so obviously flustered and worried and I totally understand why she was scattered. I would be too! At least I get to do it myself so it's not really a big deal. I'd probably be pissed if stirrups were involved:) lol
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

BethAnn88 responded:
Well that's frustrating! At least they'll let you do it yourself (and were honest about what happened). But still, that's a little aggravating.
Me(30) DH(31) Two little angels, m/c 5/09(10wks), m/c 6/11(5wks), BFP 7/22/11!!! EDD 4/2/12

noelle1225 replied to BethAnn88's response:
Yeah, as long as I don't go into labor b4 thursday, no harm no foul. And I did get to see the MW as I walked out and she is doing much better! I'm glad for that bc it would be really difficult to go into labor that early. I was glad to see she was there and okay bc I'd been concerned since wednesday. I think about even now, when labor would be perfectly acceptable how I get scattered at work and have to re-scan documents or forget to swipe my badge or something like that if I'm having ctx and I know it would be impossible to function at all if I thought i might be going into labor 3 mo early!

On another note, though... another girl from my centering group had her baby!
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

earleyml1012 replied to noelle1225's response:
Even if you did, wouldn't they give you the anitboitic as a pre-caution?

My next d/a is tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping to hear that I'm starting to make some progress, even though that means it could still be weeks. It's good just to know that my body is doing something!
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

noelle1225 replied to earleyml1012's response:
I suspect they would, but I'd really like to avoid them if at all possible bc they wipe out all the good stuff along with the bad. If I did happen to go b4 the results came back, I'd stop for some probiotics on the way to the center:) lol last thing I want is a NB and a yeast infection! Fingers crossed for speedy progress at your apt tomorrow:) Lots of labor dust headed your way!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Krista (29) DH (30), DS (4), DD (18 mos), 5 angels, and one on the way! EDD 10/6/10

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.