Skip to content
36w 2d Dr appt!
LynnaeMarie posted:
WooHoo! I've been getting more & more excited with every new 'symptom' the past couple weeks!
I already knew he 'dropped' after my Phoenix trip (may have been during, but I was sitting so much it's hard to say but that may have caused the pressure down there).
I've had increased discharge, some mild lower back discomfort/crampy type of feeling, & my pubic symphysis feels like it's going to come apart sometimes when I get up after sitting for a while. Every now & then I get a mild shooting pain straight down through my lady part (my lil sis referred to it as "lightning crotch", lol). All normal healthy symptoms for where I'm at!

My midwife is pleased with how I'm doing & told me to keep exercising like I am as long as I feel up to it.
She also told me anytime before Monday(37weeks) if I go into labor I have to come in right away for them to take measures to stop it. (which I am totally against, but they will do everything to stop labor before the magical 37weeks here & if they can't stop it they will fly me to Denver).

She did the GBS test & checked me, I am 1cm dilated & "a little bit" thinned out. This of course excites me, even though I know it doesn't mean much except I'll have the baby sometime in the next month, lol.

& my favorite part of all....
I went over my birth plan with her & everything I want to do is good to go! I can wait to go to the hospital when labor starts(as long as it's after Mon), so I get my plan of 'no mad rush' like the stupid movies always show. (unless GBS is positive).
I can eat/drink (my lil sis hospital had policies against this).
I don't have to have an IV, unless I need antibiotics for GBS or if for some reason I decided I need an epidural...which kind of goes against my whole 'natural' plan anyhow.
I get to use a birthing ball & squatting bar for labor & can move about freely.
Hot & cold & showers & massage for pain relief.
No episiotomy!
& yes to laboring down!
Ect...ect...
(I followed a birth plan worksheet from babycenter.com in case you're curious)
I do understand plans can always change, but it's nice to know that I'm going in there with an idea of what I want based of my experience being there for the birth of my nephew. & the hospital staff will know what my plans are too, unless I change my mind on something.
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

noelle1225 responded:
That's so exciting Lynnae!!!!! You are getting so close! I hope you are washing all those lovely little clothes. One thing I put in my birth plan was that no one was allowed to offer me pain meds bc I know what I can have and will ask myself if I need them. I didn't want to be in a weak moment and have someone offer me meds for the 18th time:) lol And you've started to dilate!!!! I'm not getting checked unless I don't go in a timely fashion, so I get to be excited that you did and are making a little progress! Yay!!!!
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

LynnaeMarie replied to noelle1225's response:
That one's on the birth plan too, there was a section on pain meds ect.
Being told I'm even a little dilated is really exciting, obviously it doesn't mean labor anytime too soon, just so neat to hear that everything is moving along nicely.
I don't see any problem with them not checking you, sounds like from all the other symptoms that your body is getting ready just fine for labor.
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

noelle1225 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
yep:) they give you the option once you get to those last couple of weeks, but I think for me it would make me more likely to either get anxious that I should be in labor at any moment, or worried bc nothing is happening yet. But you gotta remember that I was also the wierdo who didn't agree to have an US until I had actually heard the HB via dopler. I'm just an odd one I guess:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

earleyml1012 replied to noelle1225's response:
I told myself I wasn't going to be checked until 40 weeks, if I made it that far. However, when they asked yesterday I really wanted to know if any of the contractions I've been feeling are doing anything...nope. However, it doesn't mean anything I could still go into full blown labor anytime. My BF from HS emailed me yesterday that at her appt on Tuesday she was 4cm and 80% effaced but she's 2 weeks behind me. I was jealous but remembered that she could be that for the next 3 weeks.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

LynnaeMarie replied to earleyml1012's response:
Exactly Michelle. Although it was priceless to see the look on DH's face when I told him "baby is in fact head down & has dropped, I am 1cm dilated & a little bit thinned out". After he had a mini heart attack & asked what that means, I had to explain to him that it doesn't really mean much, just that my body is getting ready & I'll have a baby in the next few weeks. Women can be a little dilated for weeks. A woman can go into labor & have baby in a few hours after not being dilated at all.
So, basically what you just said too

LOL Noelle, nothing wrong with being a little weird
But honestly I don't think there is anything weird with your requests, I was having a little panic attack when I went into my 1st u/s cause the last one was my loss, so I understand your apprehension.

& now to get sentimental... You two ladies have been great, I am so glad I have been able to go through this pregnancy with you. This entire discussion group really, the ones who have already met their LO & the newer gals are just awesome, & have been such an emotional lifesaver to me so many times!
Thank you!

noelle1225 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
Thank you right back:) I have to agree. It's almost strange to be this close now and talking to the girls who are just joining. Seems like 10 yrs ago and just yesterday that that was me and I was looking for some support from ladies on or near labor watch and now the tide has turned but there are always more. This board is a life saver, but a part of me just wishes it didn't need to exist at all. But it's the things we go through that shape who we are and it's wonderful to find a few kindred spirits out there.

earleyml1012 replied to noelle1225's response:
I agree with you girls too! This is where I would come when I was so anxious about stuff and no one else truly understood what I was going through. You've even given me advice about supporting a friend who was going through a loss. I'm so excited to hear each of your birth stories and to see pictures of your LO. Kind of funny that in the October babies there are more boys than girls coming!
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30, my DH is 37, and we have a 2 wonderful boys and a chihuahua named Wonton =) We started TTC in April 2010 and got a BFP right away, but h...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.