Skip to content
***GTKYFP*** - 10/12
BethAnn88 posted:
Today's Question: What was the first pregnancy symptom you remember having? What has been your worst and/or favorite pregnancy symptom(s) so far?

The first pregnancy symptom I had was A LOT of cramping. And it started much earlier than the usual AF cramping I usually get, so I knew something was up. Since I had just recently had a loss and we weren't trying at the time, I wasn't expecting to get pregnant at all. But I had felt the same exact cramping at the start of my last pregnancy so I tested anyway. And sure enough, BFP!! Best surprise ever!

So far, my worst symptom has definitely been the nausea. Yuck! Morning sickness has not been kind to me. I have yet to have a favorite symptom. Though, I think once I start feeling baby move, that'll be at the top of my list!
Me(30) DH(31) Two little angels, m/c 5/09(10wks), m/c 6/11(5wks), BFP 7/22/11!!! EDD 4/2/12
FirstPrevious12NextLast

earleyml1012 responded:
My first symptoms were the same with all 3 of my pregnancies, so I knew right away that I was pregnant this time. I have extreme hunger and had to go to the bathroom frequently.

My worst symptoms were with this pregnancy and it was round ligament pain in my groin for about 2/3rds of my pregnancy. It has made it very difficult to walk at times. Lately, I've also been getting pretty bad siatic pains. Luckily I never really had any morning sickness.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

Smithc27 responded:
The first (and WORST) pregnancy symptom for me was also the nausea, and I was so glad to see it go! LOL And boy did it hang on. This LO is worth every yucky feeling morning though!

The best has been feeling her move; I still giggle when she gives an extra hard kick. I have a feeling though, I won't be giggling when she runs out of room and is still trying to kick! It will be more of an "ouch!" Once again, totally worth it!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

martinsmom replied to Smithc27's response:
luckily for me I don't get morning sickness. THe worst for me is the painfully sore breasts. Sometimes it hurts to wear a shirt or bra...
Holly (30) Brian (42) SD A (10) SS Z(8) DS M (4).... Long journey to BFP on 9/26/11 EDD 6/4/12 - 6/13/12- Green Team!

BethAnn88 replied to martinsmom's response:
I envy those of you that haven't had morning sickness! My mom and both my sisters had it bad during their pregnancies, so I knew I probably would too. So it's not exactly a surprise. But like Charlotte said, it's all worth it! I have been spared the sore breasts, though. They get a little tender every now and then, but nothing too bad.
Me(30) DH(31) Two little angels, m/c 5/09(10wks), m/c 6/11(5wks), BFP 7/22/11!!! EDD 4/2/12

noelle1225 replied to BethAnn88's response:
Good one Beth Ann!

My first symptom with this pg was constipation, it was shortly followed by nausea and sore bb's. The nausea was the worst symptom by far, but at the same time it was kind of comforting in that first trimester.

Best symptom, feeling him move:) and actually having some bb's isn't so bad either:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

mandynmickey414 responded:
my first sign was sore breast followed by cramping and then the nausea and the worst is the nausea i have it so bad that instead of gaining weight im loosing weight im only 7 weeks today and i had an apt monday they gave me a script because i dont get it for a lil while i have it from time i wake up to the time i go to bed and sometimes wakes me up in the night and i throw up between 7 to 8 times a day so its not good or me or the baby but in the long run it is definately worth all of this to have that baby kicking and moving round once you can feel it and all and then to hold it for the first tmie i remember even though i only got to hold my son for 2 min when he was born it just took all the crap i went through with my pregnancy and made it seem so worht doing again later that night i was able to hold him longer in the nicu and was able to give him his first feeding at midnight cause they wanted to watch him and see how he adjusted to being out and his sugar levels were high so they just didnt want them to get to high but after the first 24 hours he was feed on schedule every three hours

mam546 responded:
My first symptom was extreme hunger and having to urinate. Also my breasts getting huge and sore.

The worst symptom with this pregnancy is the food aversions. Things like tomato sauce and cooked veggies are so extremly revolting. But I'm craving fresh veggies and salads.

My favoriate symptom is feeling the baby kick.. I can't wait for that!!! I loved when my son kicked but towards the end he had a hefty kick and liked to practice with my ribs. It's still great to feel that.

LynnaeMarie responded:
Usually before AF arrives I had some cramping then within half a day it would start. This time I had that particular cramping two days early & AF didn't show, so I checked my cervix & between the two of those I knew before I took a test. Then the sore breasts & all day nausea showed up a week or so later.

The worst symptom for me was the RLP (round ligament pain). I had it mildly from the beginning when I would cough or move wrong- but for about 6weeks at the end of 2nd tri it was almost constant & so painful. I could control it by massaging the spot as the pain started, or ice on the spot gave me instant relief. Then one week it didn't seem as bad & the next week it was gone, I had resigned myself to the thought that I might have it till he's born, so it was like a miracle that it stopped.

Of course my favorite is feeling him move!!! (& no stretch marks comes in 2nd, woohoo)
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
My first symptom was heartburn and nausea. I never get heartburn (though I had it once in my 1st pregnancy) and it started like 5 days after I thought I O'd. Early I know but it was the only time it had happened. Then on 11dpo my inclination about it was proved right.

Worst symptom is nausea and all the sudden no warning other than about 30 seconds m/s bleh. No favorite symptom this pregnancy so far though I am sure I will get one at some point. One of my favorite things though right now is using my at home doppler every few days or so to listen to my peanuts heartbeat. Even if its just for 30 sec-1min. Its very reassuring.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

hgreenwood7058 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
Oh and the really bad sore boobs didn't start till I was 5 or so weeks and then it was constant up until beginning of this week though if I hit it wrong (I accidently stuck my thumbnail in one today don't know how but oooohhhh man did it hurt). I don't know if this is related to the pregnancy or a coincidence but every now and then if I sneeze or cough or lay in a certain way it feels like the left part of my pelvis (the muscle itself) feels like its rippiding away from the rest of my body. And its only on that side. Its not peanut because he/she has stayed consistently on the right side and middle. But when the pain happens its a sharp feeling from the left side of the pelvic bone to the middle of my pelvis. (almost stopping where peanut likes to hang out). Though know he/she is a little bigger so I am not sure how its going to work out. ER Doc said it was probably a muscle spasm.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

LynnaeMarie replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Heather it does sound like it could be a muscle spasm, but I'm willing to bet it's round ligament pain. As the uterus grows the ligaments holding it in place are stretched to the max. Sudden movements seem to make it suddenly painful. Just take a deep breath & gently massage it, if it's not too bad it'll go away in a few seconds. I had it like you describe in my 1st tri, but then had it really bad in 2nd. If you don't know much about it you can look it up or ask your Dr.
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

noelle1225 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
Lynnae is right... def RLP, Heather. You can look it up and it's exactly what you're descibing plus it's most common on the right side:) It's a pain, but nothing to worry about.
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

hgreenwood7058 replied to noelle1225's response:
Mine is located on the left but I think that you ladies are right because I have seen a few people with the same problem too. Sucky sometimes lol.

Lysana responded:
Cramping is usually my first symptom, too.

I also tend to notice that my face gets flushed - I noticed it part-way through my first pregnancy (that I lost) and noticed it at about 7 DPO with Eliana. In fact, this is the first pregnancy with which I DIDN'T really notice it, although maybe I've just been pregnant so often, now, I couldn't tell the difference.

Nausea was my worst symptom with Bekah (#3), my Pumpkin (between Bekah & Samuel), and Samuel (#4, this one). No, I take that back. It was with Bekah and my Pumpkin. The horrible fatigue I had during 1st tri with Samuel easily overshadowed the nausea.

Heartburn was my worst symptom with Joshua (#2). I didn't really have any nausea with him or with Eliana (#1).

With Eliana, the 1st tri fatigue was the worst "typical" symptom, although the spotting I had off and on until just past 12 weeks was the most stressful thing about that pregnancy (not sure whether you would call that a "symptom").

Favorite, absolutely, is feeling the baby move, with every one. Can be stressful when they have a quiet morning, though! Ahhhh! (Had one of those today.)
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Charlotte and I have been married to my husband, Brandon, for five years. Our first BFP in February 2011 was also a BFS (big fat surprise!)...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.