Skip to content
39 week appointment
earleyml1012 posted:
YAY!! Finally some good news, I'm 2cm and 50% effaced as of yesterday afternoon. The doctor thinks it might be a few more days since this is my second. Oh that totally made my day after feeling like junk all day and then having a co-worker complain about me talking too much. The OB also said that if I don't have the baby by my next appointment, he'll set a date for induction due to my past history for tough labor and hemmoraging. So yeah, the appointment made my day.

Tonight I'm going to try some old wives tales to kick this labor into motion. I'm sooo ready to be a mommy again and not a pregnant lady anymore. Everything is ready for baby, now it's just more waiting.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

ralica responded:
Take a long fast paced walk, it will speed up things, did it for me with my last one while I had about the same thing going on. I went into labor same night, of course it may have been a coincidence too. Good luck! Can't wait to read your birth story! Wish you an easy one this time!
Me (36), DH (35), 2 mc, our PAL babies - Hannah Elise, born 09/17/08; Paxon Thomas, born 04/03/10; IT'S A GIRL! Madelyn Victoria EDD 12/04/11 http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/vip/ralica01

BethAnn88 responded:
Yay for progress! Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Sending lots of labor vibes and praying for a safe (and easy) delivery!
Me(30) DH(31) Two little angels, m/c 5/09(10wks), m/c 6/11(5wks), BFP 7/22/11!!! EDD 4/2/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old and married to my wonderful husband since 2007. We are expecting our first baby. This is our second pregnancy, but we lost the first...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.