Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
boss said, "go home".
noelle1225 posted:
Apparently timing your contractions at work... even if it's a hospital makes ppl nervous:) lol Only got about 5 hrs sleep last night bc of ctx and they've continued all day. sometimes speeding up, sometimes slowing down. I told the boss I would really like to give away my shift tomorrow if someone wanted it. A few ours later he came and told me to go on home bc I wasn't allowed to have Cael there:) lol He also said he told his boss that "If Noelle says she'd rather not be here tomorrow, it means she shouldn't be here tomorrow." Made me feel good bc he was saying how I was always willing to take hours even at the last minute and he didn't doubt I needed the break the one time I actually asked for him to give away my shift:) So looks like that's the end of work for me until the little man arrives.
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

earleyml1012 responded:
How exciting! I got excited this morning b/c I was having pretty steady contraction but then they stopped. I haven't had any this afternoon so I'm going to DTD with DH tonight to see if that gets them started again. After my OB appointment yesterday, I'm determined to have this baby this weekend! ;c) I can't wait to see your story and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Looks like we could be having them very close together!
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

noelle1225 replied to earleyml1012's response:
Good luck to you too Michelle! Mine ease off for a while then get closer again. they get stronger then weaker... it's all over the board but stuff is definitly going on:) Maybe we'll go on the same day! Whether or not this is early labor, I could barely lift my foot high enough to operate the stretcher locks cause his head is in the way. lol I was doing my best, but it was way too hard. Was glad to head out. Now I'm gonna grab a nap incase this turns into something later.
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

earleyml1012 replied to noelle1225's response:
How did your night go? I didn't have any more contractions last night, so DTD must not of worked. If anything, I think it might've made her move b/c I'm a little more uncomfortable today. I've decided not to try anymore old wives tales, just let nature take it's course b/c I get disappointed when it doesn't work. Good luck, enjoy your rest and I'll be stalking here to see if you had Cael!

I slept pretty good considering and they really slacked off around 8 or 9 last night which i was glad of since they weren't getting any closer. It let me get some decent rest. Part of the DTD thing is that the prostaglandins in semen softens the cervix, so maybe it just needs time to sink in:) lol I'm gonna try for a short walk today and see what happens, but it's just really hard to make my legs do what they are supposed to! This morning I was using my cell to take a pic of the cat and I turned on the flash. well, It did flash for like 4 seconds! long enough to make her close her poor little eyes and turn her head, then the flash went off before the pic snapped so I got a too dark to see picture of half a traumatized kitty, anyway, I got so tickled I couldn't stop laughing and it felt like I was going to push Cael right out! I laughed till I cried! He feels so low that I can't imagine the contractions aren't doing something, but as far as I know I haven't lost my mucus plug yet. Hopefully we will both see more progress very soon:)

earleyml1012 replied to noelle1225's response:
I'm glad to hear you got some rest but stinks that they stopped. Last night I was doing the exercise my OB told me to do to get the baby off my pelvic bone and when I stood up some fluid came out. I had just gone to the bathroom, so I was thinking maybe it was that my water broke with a slow leak instead of a gush but no nothing else. Must've been a little extra in my bladder. Maybe we'll both have some progress over the weekend!

A girl from my centering group is birthing right now after she had a "tea party" and drank a ton of red raspberry leaf tea yesterday... the whole leaf, real stuff, not that flavored crap:) I think she was like 80% and 3 anyway so she was pretty ready, but it seems to have kicked it in for her:) Earth Fare or Fresh Market... I will be paying you a visit shortly:) lol

hgreenwood7058 replied to noelle1225's response:
Eeek for the both of you. Looking forward to hearing your stories very soon. Noelle sounds like your definately ready anytime. Best wishes
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

mam546 replied to noelle1225's response:
Oh that is so exciting for both of you!!!

With my first I never lost my mucus plug ... at least that I noticed. But then my water just broke just a bit after 1 am right after I worked till midnight and just had fallen asleep. I delivered around 3 pm that same day.

Best wishes and speedy deliveries to both of you!

LynnaeMarie replied to noelle1225's response:
So exciting! I'm gonna work till I have him, but I don't do anywhere near 8hr shifts! I teach exercise classes or clients an hour or two here & there, when I'm not feeling up to it I can easily just sit there & tell them what to do, lol.

I don't think any of the old wives tales work unless you're pretty darn close to going into labor anyhow.

My last appt was Thursday & MW said there may be a little more progress from last week, but nothing real notable. I'm okay with that.
It's comforting to know that if I go into labor he's strong & big enough to do well, but I also want him to cook as long as possible. For the most part I'm not uncomfortable yet, I do have my moments though.
I've got so much done this week, guess I'm "nesting". Still don't have the car seat in my car yet, better get that done asap, but I keep waiting until I can vacuum cause my dogs ride with me all the time.

& my little guy is so low too, when he has the hiccups I can literally feel them all the way down through my crotch!!!

I hope you both get some good "getting ready for labor" rest!
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

noelle1225 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
You aren't far behind us Lynnae! Your little guy is going to be here in no time also!

LynnaeMarie replied to noelle1225's response:
I know! Time has just flown!
I have friends betting on when he'll be here & a couple of them were for this past week(cause of the full moon), I am honestly relieved now that the week is over & I was able to get so much stuff done.
Still didn't get the car seat in, lol, I know what we're doing tomorrow

Oh,& DH's GM is doing a ton better, she can do everything around the house like usual. So the only thing we have to help her with is driving her when she needs to go somewhere, no more driving for our 90yr old! (well, we still bring her food but she can heat it up herself, & MIL has taken charge of her pills, other than that she's still independent).
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

hgreenwood7058 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
thats great news. I am glad DH's GM is doing a lot better. She sounds like she is doing pretty well for being 90!. Heck my grandmas are younger than that and some of them need more help. Best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Green team. Hope this LO will stick

noelle1225 replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
That's great Lynnae:) I know that take alot off you not having to worry so much about her while you are trying to nest. Sounds like you are pretty much ready:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kristi (27) Joshua (34) Our Daughter, Michal Lynn Rhodes, Born Into Heaven July 6th, 2006, Born Sleeping July 9th, 2006 at 38 weeks after 47 hours of ...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful