Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
EDD Tomorrow
noelle1225 posted:
So ladies,

Tomorrow is my EDD. And while that tells us very little about how long it will be before labor starts, the one thing it does tell us is that every day I tell my hubby not to take the support call at the client who is over an hour away, the more likely it is to be a smart request instead of just a nervous one:)

Yesterday I came up with a new plan. I'm going to dance this baby out! lol I can barely walk, but I discovered yesterday that with the aid of an ipod, my body still wants to dance more than anything in the world! Looks funny, I'm sure! I figure 10 or 15 min here and there and I'll have him out in no time since it's a little more high impact than my waddle.

All things considered, I think I'm not nearly as miserable as I'm supposed to be, so he must not be done just yet.

Anyway, I'm still having random contractions, random pressure and aches in my cervix, and the bathroom is still my best friend (more like a frenemy) I'm trying to wrap my mind around what types of things I'd be cool with trying if I haven't made progress by monday. Three days past EDD is a little early for me to admit defeat and opt for sweeping the membranes or a foley and feel good about it. Maybe I'll see if they will see me again at the end of the week if there hasn't been change yet... but after friday I'll risk being relinquished to the OB's GASP!!!!! lol Who knows. We shall see in time I suppose. Perhaps I won't even make it to Monday in the first place:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

Smithc27 responded:
Lol Noelle! I like the dancing theory, and hopefully Cael will decide he wants to join mommy in the fun on "the outside"! GL and sending labor vibes your way!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

MSettle78 replied to Smithc27's response:
Labor Vibes Noelle ! He will be here so SOON GET EXCITED
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3...
M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Born via Csection 07/19/2011

earleyml1012 responded:
We've finally made it!! However, labor day still seems so far away. I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms and let DD finally met her little sister. I'm so emotional right now with everything that has been happening this week. Part of me wishes that I had more vacation time so I could just stay and home and be comfortable. Or it would be nice to know what day she's going to decide to come, then I could relax a little.

Anyway, here's hoping we both have these kiddos over the weekend!! I was 4 days late with DD, so I'm hoping Katelyn will decide to come a little sooner than Alexandra did!
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

noelle1225 replied to earleyml1012's response:
Lots of before Monday labor vibes Michelle! And for me, I'll be happy as long as he makes an entrance by next friday, but it is a bit stressful to wait when you start to feel like there's a bit of a time crunch being put on your body. It's going to be so fun for you to introduce your two little girls!
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

earleyml1012 replied to noelle1225's response:
Oh, do you think that crazy guy's prediction about the world ending tomorrow will happen? ;c) Funny how the news isn't talking about it this time. Guess they finally realized they need to stop giving him so much attention.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

noelle1225 replied to earleyml1012's response:
OMG! I totally forgot about that!

LynnaeMarie replied to earleyml1012's response:
I forgot about that also, lol! I'm glad the media stopped giving him attention too.

Noelle, dance the night away! (makes me think of the youtube video "all the pregnant ladies").

Michelle, lots of positive labor thoughts for you this weekend!!! (none for me, my midwife is out of town today through Monday)

on an unrelated note: my big pup just put her toys on the loveseat & is now laying on them. I put a couple up there cause they were in the way of my recliner footrest & she got the rest & finished her 'nesting'. Too Cute!
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

kerrymh replied to LynnaeMarie's response:
I once heard of a little dog who had decided to adopt a bunch of beanie babies. She would carry them around like her puppies. If they took her outside she had to carry all her babies out, one by one, and lay down with them. Same thing when it was bedtime. Dogs are so crazy!

Good luck to everyone- I find it hard to imagine the day I get to my due date. How exciting!!
Kerry (34) DH (38) MC 2004, Ectopic 2011, BFP June 17th! EDD Feb 28, 2012, Team Green!

Lysana responded:
The dancing is a FABULOUS idea. It will help him move into position better. If you want to get off your feet, rocking on an exercise ball is great, too. I did a lot of that while waiting for Bekah to make her debut.

Oh - and Bekah was due on Friday (7/16) and born on Monday (7/19). On my EDD, I was SO CERTAIN she was never coming out. LOL! No contrax (other than painless, sporadic BHC), and she was still really high. Even Saturday, I did a yoga class (that I'd *hoped* to not be able to make, but oh well, LOL) and she STILL wasn't coming out! Then, Sunday morning, while I was lying in bed (around 7:30 a.m.), I started half wake/half dreaming about labor (did a LOT of that, LOL) and felt a contraction. Then, about 15 minutes later, another one. I was REALLY excited, but cautious, too...they didn't feel any different from the others I'd been having, but after an hour, I'd had four or five.

She still wasn't born until Monday at 2:26 p.m., but that really WAS the start of it!

And, if it helps, my EDD this time is 2/24 and the EARLIEST I expect to meet him is 2/27. I'm pretty much resigned to it being 2/29, actually. LOL!

Hang in there! You will be holding your little guy so soon! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

noelle1225 replied to Lysana's response:
Lynnae nd Michelle, I think he's actually in a home now:) Maybe they've medicated the crazy out of him! lol Oh, sorry, that probably wasn't very nice.

And Kelly, yeah, I sit on a birth ball ALOT! I rock, I bounce, I sit patiently and still from time to time:) I think I'll be pretty well into it before I know what's what bc I've had consistent, timeable ctx off and on for over 2 weeks. They always seem pretty mild, other than since yesterday they make one side of my back hurt a bit, but they will be consistently 14, 10, 8, or 6 min apart for hours at a time, then they'll just go back to a couple an hour at random again. Hopefully they will have at least made some cervical change by my apt on monday though. I'm really not particularly miserable, though I know I'm "supposed" to be, but I really don't want to have to deliver at the hosp!!!! I know, I'm a broken record:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH (31) DS (2) MC 11/09, 6/10

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.