Skip to content
MW appt tomorrow, wish me luck ladies
noelle1225 posted:
I've had lots of ctx but I'm hesitant to get my hopes up that they are doing anything. DH and I discussed it and decided that if we were about the same, we'd go ahead and try something, but if there's been some change, we'd ask to come back in a few more days and try to get things going with the "natural" induction techniques. I suspect that tomorrow I'll either get some good news or we'll give the foley a shot:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

MSettle78 responded:
Ohhh Noelle !!!! Hope he comes soon ! I think hes having the same problem that Tyler did .... WHICH IS ..... You take such good care of him and hes so happy in there he doesnt want to leave
Me! Marissa (22) DH Matt (23) 2 Furbabies Bentley 4 and Myley 3...
M/C Aug/10 at 5 weeks :( BFP 10/31/10 Due 07/11/11 Baby Boy Tyler Anthony ! :) Born via Csection 07/19/2011

LynnaeMarie responded:
Good luck today Noelle! I'm with you one the natural induction techniques, hopefully you've had some progress & all goes well shortly
Me (29) DH (35) M/C 2/2010 at 12 weeks. Bailey, Molly (pups), lots of cats. BFP 2/20/11! EDD 10/31/11! Blue team!

Lysana responded:
Good luck, Noelle! Can't wait to read your update!

BTW, if this helps, I had heard this anecdotally, then read an ACOG "practice bulletin" this morning that mentioned it, carrying a boy can be an indication for a longer pregnancy. Apparently little guys like to cook longer.

We actually got that impression with Joshua - we induced both him and Eliana at the same point - 39w2d - and he just seemed less...quite...ready. He was FINE, perfectly healthy, and nursed wonderfully from the start, but Craig commented that he thought we should have waited - at the time, I shut him down because I just wanted to induce once I hit 39 weeks, but once I got out of that mentality, I was able to look at things and say he probably could have used a little more time.

Thus, I'm completely expecting a Leap Day baby this time. LOL! (That will be 40w5d...Bekah was 40w3d.)
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

mam546 replied to Lysana's response:
LOL thats funny about little boys. I had the oposite with mine! He was so active and decited to come 3 days early. Hasn't stopped moving since then! He started rolling over at 1 month ( his doctor was surpised) and he was crusing at like 9 months.

noelle1225 replied to Lysana's response:
Makes sense since it's usually rougher on premie boys and they are more likely to have resp issues at birth I suppose:)
Noelle(27) Hubby (27) One MC @ 8.5wks July 2010. 2 Kitties and 2 Dogs. Yay for furry kisses! Cael Ryan due Oct. 21, 2011! Blue Team!

Lysana replied to mam546's response:
Who knows, though, if you have a little girl this time, she may come a bit earlier!

(Poss trigs)

Of course - I HAD heard that...my mom says the doctors told my parents they were fortunate I was a girl, because of that...I was born around 27 weeks, and girls tend to do better. Mom even mentioned that the other day because we were talking about the fact that I'm expecting Samuel a little later since he's a boy.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

earleyml1012 replied to Lysana's response:
Interesting theory. I can't help b/c I had a girl at 40w4d and now I'm at 40w5d with another girl. Maybe my girls just like it in there...they were both born in cooler months so maybe that has something to do with it. ;c)
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

Lysana replied to earleyml1012's response:
LOL about the cooler months!

Some people just carry longer. I know, that doesn't help much, does it? Hang in there, Michelle! It won't be too much longer!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Summer and I'm 29 yo. My DH and I have been married for 2 & half years but we will have been together for a total of 13 & half ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.