Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here
hinkle07 posted:
Hello my name is Amanda and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. This is my third pregnancy I have had 2 miscarriages in the past. My doctor found out that I have factor 5 blood clotting disorder so I am on blood thinners and since my last 2 pregnancies didnt make it past 6 weeks I was also put on progesterone for 2 months. I am anxious and nervous to go to the doctors on Tuesday to see how this pregnancy is moving along. I had an ultra sound done a few weeks ago by my high risk doctor and though it was too early to detect a heart beat the doctor saw 2 sacs so not only will I see how this pregnancy is going I will also find out on Tuesday if I am expecting twins. I think I am though because I am already starting to show. I will be close monitored every month by both my regular ob/gyn and my high risk doctor. I am trying to stay strong for myself and my husband in hopes that this pregnancy is going to turn out for us.

Mandy_Smiles responded:
First, I am very sorry for your losses. I am glad that they were able to give you some answers and also glad that they are monitoring you closely. Everyone on this board is here to support each other. If you are ever feeling nervous, scared, happy, anything at all... feel free to share with us. I have my first appt on Tuesday so we can be nervous together. Congratulations and welcome to the board!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD 8/19/12. Green team!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
hugs I am sorry for your losses but happy that things seem to be going okay so far. I will hope and pray that it continues to go well. Yay for the possibility of two babies. Welcome and congrats and best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

bethann88 responded:
Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I also lost my first 2 pregnancies and had to be on progesterone this time too. It sounds like your doctors are being proactive and that's great. Congrats on the possible twins!! I hope your appt goes well today and that you'll keep us updated on how you're doing. Wishing you the best.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, m/c 5/11/09 (10wks), m/c 6/28/11 (5wks). Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hinkle07 replied to bethann88's response:
well I hardly slept the night before but when I went to my doctors appt and had my u/s done we found that i am only expecting one baby which is o.k. because my doc said with all that I am going through for this pregnancy one will make it a lot easier than two right now. I thought I was just over 8 weeks but I found I am just over 7 weeks which is still good because I couldn't remember the exact day of my last period. The heartbeat looked very good my doctor says that he will do another u/s on the 17th to make sure that everything is going good and so that I won't be worrying for a month about the baby. We were so excited about the news and I feel a lot better knowing that my doc is being supportive and he thinks this will be a sucessful pregnancy. Thank you all for the support and I will keep you updated on what happens in a few weeks!

bethann88 replied to hinkle07's response:
That's great news!! Congrats!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, m/c 5/11/09 (10wks), m/c 6/28/11 (5wks). Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hinkle07 responded:
Just wanted to let you all know I have had a few doctors appointments in the last few weeks and ultrasounds done each time. The baby is doing really good and growing so fast it was amazing to see how much munchkin has grown from week 7 to 8 to 9 from the ultrasounds. We are sad to find out that we did lose a twin but the doctor said its a good thing in a bad situation because I am already high risk and twins could make it even worse especially for my first time making it through this pregnancy. I cant believe that in just a few weeks I will be in my second trimester!

smithc27 replied to hinkle07's response:
Sorry to hear about your previous losses, but Congrats on the new pregnancy! Sounds like you're doing well, and the doctors are keeping a close eye on things. Hopefully some of the anxiety will go away when you reach second tri; I know it did for me! Welcome to the board and KUP!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

hinkle07 responded:
I am happy to announce that I am coming to an end with my second trimester as I am now 27 wks and 1 day today. My baby boy is doing great weighing in at a little over 2 pounds. He is very active moving all the time which has made me feel more at ease. The doctor told me that at 38 weeks I will be induced since I am on blood thinners but my husband and I are happy to hear that we will be meeting our son in just 11 weeks! This pregnancy started off slow but knowing that we have a healthy baby growing inside me we are more at ease with everything and anxious for his arrival.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kristy, 32 DH Nick, 31 Our Beautiful Baby Boy Cullen Isaiah born April 14th, 2009. One Angel in Heaven (April '08) with my wonderful Grandparents....More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.