Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question and Dr's appt 21 week update (maybe TRigs ment?)
crys0511 posted:
OK I have a quick question, It seems this pregnancy I am carrying pretty low, If I drink any liquid I have to go pee pretty much immediatly. I know it's probally just how she is laying but it kinda freaks me out. Like since she's low does that increase my chance of premature labor? I am so nervous right now because I am right where I was in the pregnancy with my last loss and I just need everything to work out this time.

My Drs appt went good, this is the new DR, besides my appt starting 50 mins after scheduled, but I was stupid enough to make my apt right after lunch, The baby had a good heartbeat of 145, and everything seems wonderful.

Thanks in advance for any help on my question!
Crystal (29) Hubby (39) Alex (7) ~ Angel Baby ~Brooke, went to heaven 2/24/08 at 22.5 weeks, Pal baby after 3 years of TTC-BFP Oct 1st EDD May 28,Green team!

smithc27 responded:
I'm not a doctor, nor do I have other children, (so you can take this for what it's worth) but I don't think that carrying low means you will go into labor prematurely. My SIL carried very low and was expected to go 1-2 weeks early (family history more than anything); she made it all the way to the day before her EDD. That's not to say that you couldn't, but unless the doctor thinks there might be a problem, you will more than likely be ok.

Take heart, we've all been there; passing the milestone of a past loss is VERY hard, and it's normal to have doubts and fears come up. We are here to listen!

Glad to hear your appointment went well (even if it was a late start) with the new doctor! KUP
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

bethann88 responded:
I have to agree with Charlotte, it's probably just the way you're carrying the baby. My little guy likes to sit right on my bladder and I constantly have to run to the bathroom because of it!! As far as I know, carrying low doesn't put you at any greater risk of premature labor.

I know it's hard not to worry, especially when you're getting close to the time of a previous loss. But if your doc wasn't concerned, then everything's probably just fine. Glad your appt went well.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hugs. I think its the way that your carrying baby as well. My little man all though I am pretty sure he is head down already since he is already kicking the inside of my ribs and sticking what I am pretty sure is his feet into my lungs the way that he is laying I swear he is playing with my bladder and connecting parts. I can drink something and then within 10 minutes I have to go to the bathroom. And then when he is in his play with mommys bladder and connecting parts then within about 5 minutes I have to go to the bathroom again. Its like having a never ending bladder infection but without the actualy infection. We all understand the fear though especially when you are starting to pass a milestone that you couldn't with your last LO. Its scary and upsetting. But you just have to take a breath and say everything is going to be okay, this pregnancy is not like the last one and will have a happy ending god willing. I am glad your appointment went good minus the long wait (with the ob providers that work at the medical center I work for and go to they all run behind on a regular basis. Its supposed to be a 10 minute appointment but I am usually there for close to an hour each time before I am seen--lots of babies being born or surgeries to take place ect...)Heartbeat sounds great. Are they checking your cervix or anything to that extent to make sure everything in that department is good as well. Hugs and best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

mam546 responded:
Crystal, I doubt you have to fear much about carrying low. My first i m/c and then the 2nd time around my DS was so low that I had trouble with even underware bothering me and pressing on my uterus. He went full term without a problem and is now a very active alost 3 year old.

With this pregnancy this LO seems to favor laying on his side. All my u/s showed him laying transverse and doesn't seem to be as low as with DS. Each one is different so don't worry. As long as the doctor doesn't see any reason for preterm labor than you are perfectly fine. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

earleyml1012 replied to mam546's response:
GRAD Lurking: Since this is your second pregnancy, your muscles are stretched out more so the support isn't there. With my last pregnancy, I felt like DD was going to fall out b/c I was carrying so low and I didn't deliver until 5 days after my EDD. If you're really concerned, talk to your OB about it.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Shelley (30), DH (30), DS (05/07 - 3 yrs), DD (02/09 - 1 yr) - Both PAL Grads!! 2 m/c's (06/06 and 04/08) - #3 - EDD 11/29/10!!!!

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.