Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Have you felt like this at all???
nicram8683 posted:
Hey ladies, over the past 2 weeks I have been having a "bad" feeling. For some reason, I don't "feel" pregnant. Almost like I am missing something. I am not having ANY symptoms, and I had what I thought was some flutters recently, but not anymore. I am at the weird inbetween stage too. My "bump" is not growing, which I thought by now it would have. My next appointment is not until Feb. 7th when I will be 20 weeks. I can't shake the feeling that something happened. I hear stories of people going in and finding out bad news, and I am fearful this is going to happen to me. I wish now that I would have gotten an at home doppler so I could check heartbeat, but I guess I just have to wait until the 7th. I hate feeling this way, and its bringing down my everyday mood. Thanks for letting me share!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

Lysana responded:
(((hugs))) Nicole, I think that is really normal at the stage where you are right now. Since it has been 7 years since your last pregnancy, it's not surprising that your bump is showing more slowly. Probably you have some of the early pregnancy bloating going down at the same time as your bump is growing, so it offsets and makes it feel like nothing is changing.

If you're really worried, call and ask if you can come in to listen to the heartbeat. I would hope, given your history, that your doctor's office would be understanding. My midwife's nurse told me at EVERY one of those appointments, "If you start to worry, just call, and you can come listen."

(((hugs))) and keep us posted. You're in a tough time period...and I hear you on it bringing your mood down. I hope you can get some reassurance!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hugs the feeling is normal. I felt the same way. I had a lot of worries because I had started feeling a bit better between 17-20 weeks and since I hadn't felt any movement (I felt flutters for like 4 days when I was 15 weeks and then nothing). And was very nervous to go into my u/s. Thankfully everything was okay and about 20.5 weeks I started to feel movement. I have an at home doppler as well for the same reason of the nerves. You just have to keep yourself and mind busy. I had the problem where when I was by myself or not busy with some sort of project (even if its just sitting at a desk and doing paper work) that my mind would wonder and I would get nervous. Hugs and best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Oh man, I know exactly how you are feeling. I currently have that same "bad feeling". My MS was horrible from weeks 5-9 and then suddenly it just disappeared. That terrified me. I agree with the PP, call your doctor and see if they can get you in for a HB scan. With my pregnancy with Gwen, I think I was in there every single week and she did an ultrasound every time because she knew I wouldn't sleep at night or be able to breathe until I knew Gwennie was ok. My doctor was more than willing to get me in right away (knowing my history), usually same day so don't hesitate to call!

I agree with PP about the bloating too and you could be carrying differently than you did with your DD. A friend of mine hardly looked pregnant at all until she was almost 25 weeks along because the baby was positioned toward her spine somehow. She wasn't a big girl either, so it was very scary for her and nothing ended up being wrong, she was just carrying funny.

Call your doctor. I would hate for you to go through one more minute of stress than you have to if they are willing to get you in for a HB scan. You aren't at the point of being able to feel any reliable movement yet so try not to stress about that. If you call your doctor the worse that could happen is that they tell you no, right? You aren't alone, I am feeling the same "bad feeling" this week and it really stinks.
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD 8/23/12. Green team!

smithc27 responded:
The girls are right, Nicole; your feelings are completely normal. I will be 37 weeks on Sunday, and I still have moments of panic when I realize I haven't felt her move in the past couple of hours... when in reality, she has moved, I just didn't realize it. The fear sets in so I have to get up and walk, or drink something, or physically push on my belly to see if she moves.

The nurses at our clinic also said that if you are worried or something doesn't feel "right", come in and have them check for you. With your d/a 2 1/2 weeks away, I would give them a call. ((hugs)) Trust your instincts, mama! KUP
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

nicram8683 responded:
Thank you ladies I know that I have just been feeling down lately anyways. Its been 2 weeks since my husband left and almost 2 months now til he gets back. I just have been feeling lonely. I was at work late and the Dr office was closed by then, so I am thinking maybe next week to stop in or call. But I work full time and I don't think I can get away from work. I am trying to stay positive, and there are no indications that anything is wrong, but I still have fears. I am so close to 20 wks I can taste it, lol.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

Spotlight: Member Stories

Melissa (38) DH (40) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 3.5 and a son who is 19 months.

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.