Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I think he dropped a little! (TMI Warning)
Lysana posted:
I wasn't expecting it, but I think Samuel dropped some! Bekah didn't really drop until I was well into labor (as in, pushing her out, LOL). But I was pretty uncomfortable yesterday, and then yesterday evening at church I COULD NOT SIT comfortably. It was awful. The "waist band" of my pants (the part that doesn't stretch, under the belly panel) was digging into me the whole time...pants that had been comfortable until then. And I could feel him bouncing on my cervix all evening...which would cause a BHC...so I was having BHC all evening. I'm SO sore today, too!

However, and this is TMI - I checked my cervix while TTC, but with each pregnancy, I've been kind of freaked out about doing it WHILE pregnant. I finally convinced myself that it wouldn't hurt anything, and this would be my last chance, so I did. I've checked it a few times, and couldn't tell much about it, but couldn't find the opening, so presumably no dilation. I checked this morning, after all that last night, and the opening was pretty easy to find! Yay, progress! LOL! No idea how much, and it doesn't matter because he's not coming before his EDD regardless, but I'm an information junkie and I just like to know.

LOL, I know it weirds some people out to think about checking their cervix, but to me, after four babies, six pregnancies, and actively TTC'ing two of those, it's just a body part.

(Since I finished writing this, he started bouncing around again all over my cervix. It's SUCH a weird feeling!)
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Kelly I am so excited for you. Not the contraction part and the soreness but for you being closer and closer to meeting your little man. Right now my lil man's foot or some body part is sitting on top of my right rib cage. Hmm I think i got him to move it a little lol. I thought about checking cervix but have been too afraid of either developing infection or having myself dilate or something. I am scared to even bd for the fear of spotting let alone potentially causing to dilate eep. I know its just a fear of mine but I don't want to risk it. (2nd pregnancy 1st time mommy itis)I bet it is a weird feeling to have him bounce on the cervix. Maybe he is going to make a break for it lol. Best wishes
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Lysana replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I'm with you on the fear - I felt the same way, that's why I'd never checked before! But we do BD, so I realized that was kind of a silly fear in my case - afraid of one but not the other. And I've always checked my cervix in the shower, I've always just felt a little better about that, reducing a risk of infection. But I figure, if my doctor/midwife can do it, I can - I am MUCH gentler than they are! (And, nothing against them, but they just can't get the same feedback, LOL.)

But, really, fourth pregnancy, and this is the first time I've done it. So I totally get you on it!

ROFL @ him making a break for it! Noooo! Much too soon, LOL! I'm not even comfortable with 36 weeks, which is when they won't try to stop labor...sort of okay with 37-38 weeks, and I'm perfectly happy with anything from 39-41 weeks. I'd rather not go past 41 weeks, but my midwife doesn't talk induction until 42 weeks, and I'm fine with waiting that long...I'd just RATHER not.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

hgreenwood7058 replied to Lysana's response:
Well hopefully he won't try and make a break for it till your are atleast 37 weeks but preferably after 39 weeks lol. We shall see soon though!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Mandy_Smiles responded:
You are so close! You never know, this one may come a little earlier than the others! He could surprise you!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD 8/23/12. Green team!

MaryKate167 responded:
I love you, and I am going to laugh when you go into labor at 37 weeks with Samuel....only beacuse I know you and C won't be ready for it.

Love you! And can't WAIT! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! The first of two Ya babies this year!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

smithc27 responded:
I agree, the bouncing on the cervix is a weird feeling! But a good sign, I'm told; as DH's "The Man's Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth" states:

"Towards the end of the third trimester, Junior will assume the position, and begin a downward push for the escape hatch."

LOL!

Maybe Heather's right, and he's looking to make a break for it (but hopefully not until after week 38)!. Won't be long now, and your LO will be here!!!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

Lysana replied to smithc27's response:
ROFL @ "The Man's Guide..."

When I was pg with Eliana, we went to the "childbirth class," and they made the mistake of telling us that the (or a) technical term for the baby dropping is "Lightening," I guess because it relieves pressure on the ribs. So, at my next d/a, Craig asks the OB when we should expect "Lightening" to occur...and she looked at him like he had two heads. HAHAHA! PLEASE don't tell my husband technical or unusual terms, because I promise, he WILL use them awkwardly!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Candi (26) DH (28) DD (4) - 4 ~i~'s. Dx'd MTHFR. BFP 7/09 C-section scheduled for 4/2!! Ella JoAnna!

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.